New Car Wheel colour Advice

Exe_GT

Member +
Hi all,

After owning the Glanza for a few years i finally sold and have bought this. I am getting the wheels refurbed before collection and can choose any colour. Was going to go for Anthracite or black but like the hyper silver although a little bright for me.

Suggestions?

Cupra.jpg

Exe_GT

Member +
Good shout mate. Think its a gloss black base coat with the hyper silver then clear. 2 shades darker than what it is now.

Was thinking satin as Matt is a little too flat and gloss would be a bit to shiney against the paintwork!!

Exe_GT

Member +
Saw a car similar today with Matt Black and doesn't do it for me.

Saw this colour and got me thinking.

M_Hartmann_252.jpg

Anyone got any photo shop skillz?

Lizzy3

Fresh Recruit
Hi all,

After owning the Glanza for a few years i finally sold and have bought this. I am getting the wheels refurbed before collection and can choose any colour. Was going to go for Anthracite or black but like the hyper silver although a little bright for me.

Suggestions?

Cupra.jpg

I think shiny silver can look good too on it. By the way... really nice car. It's one my favorite.

BFannon

Member +
Gunmetal for me!

Taking this slightly off topic but I am thinking about the exact same car choice once my car sells. I take it, it is the Leon Cupra R mate yes?

How do you find it compared to the starlet handling wise? Obviously it's a much larger. At but how do you feel taking it around B-roads? Also compared to fuel costs? Massively different or not as much as expected?

Bill.

Exe_GT

Member +
Yes mate the 225 version.

I am picking it up Saturday so will post a report on it for you if you like.

Driven a few before this one and the handling is surprisingly responsive and light. The Brembo brakes are awesome and the ride is stiff enough to have good corning but not so tight that you are vibrated to death on B roads. My EP was running TD04 so fuel was not the most economical. Having 6 gears cruising at 70 is ok hitting around 45mpg but obviosly if you put your foot down you use more. All in all i think my petrol cost will be the same if not slightly better than a high powered ep.

Am ssssoooo excited and in the end kept the wheels the same colour.