New Car

Darius

Lifer
hey

i am on the lookout for a new car atm, i have narrowed my search down to 3 now just wondering peoples opinions on what they would have? Need it for an everyday car and the odd Track day here and there?

Toyota Starlet ep91
Honda Integra type r DC5
Honda Civic Type r EK9

Any comments would be very helpful

Thanks d

Last edited:

EP824U2

Fresh Recruit
darius, wondered if you would consider my ep82?? im the guy who parks in oxford street sometimes, who works in caversham.

andyglanzav

Member +
are you planning on spending a fortune on it or jus drivin it? i'd defo have an ek9 out of those 3 tbh, *runs and hides* ive had my glanza for nearly 2 years, between a few friends of mine they have prob been thru 3 or 4 ek9's and 2 dc5's so ive driven em both plenty too and the ek was/is by far my favourite, dc5 is a lovely car too but im sick of them now, every pikey has one over here! the feel of steering in an ek9 is fantastic, i thought the teg was a bit sluggish and the glanza is just dangerous if your not ready for it! plus the fact you can rag the absolute shite out of a vtec and it will still love you the next day!

sanchez

Member +
both the ek9 and the dc5 are very very nice cars....
but you could make an awsome glanza for the same money imo...

three different cars mate with loads of things to have fun with. With the starlet you can go the turbo way :) with loads of modifications you can do and still spending will be under the ammount in buying one of the other cars, i prefer this one no doubt! Regards the DC5, i prefer the DC2 with the 1.8 type r engine, pretty fast car, unique! and regard the EK9 its the king of the n/a in its class of 1.6ltr with an awsome 185bhp & with a lovely body shape too! Its your preferance mate, but i prefer to go Toyota way and the turbo way :) always felt in love with these mighty midgets!

richglanzav

Member +
i would take the ek9 route if u want something different. they look ace and got very very good performance from stock. ive had a 253bhp glanza and now i would like an ek9 one day. get the ek9 and get the 1.8 engine put in it. few mods and 200odd bhp. i woulda thought that shud comfortably keep up with a 250hp starlet round a twisty track.

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
i would take the ek9 route if u want something different. they look ace and got very very good performance from stock. get the ek9 and get the 1.8 engine put in it. few mods and 200odd bhp. i woulda thought that shud comfortably keep up with a 250hp starlet round a twisty track.

x2 love the k9's tempted by them atm :slap:

richglanzav

Member +
whichever honda u get if u get bored with the power u cud always go turbo vtec. and get insane straight line power...more than any starlet could ever give u.