new cylinder head :(

SRturbo

Member +
Iv bought my SRturbo today and it smokes like hell on full revs, i know this is because that the manifold is not on correctly due to shit threads. also a small leak has been noticed that the seller never mentioned. and also the turbo seems to be lagging abit.

well since im new to the starlet scene i wonderd if a new cylinder head would be able to fix this???

and if so how much am i looking at to fix??? what would be the best way and cheapest option???

Mike D EP82

Member +
you will probably be loosing boost due to the leak. smoking on full revs wil probably be turbo related or stem seals. why would you want to buy a new cylinder head to cure this? are the studs threads shit or are the threads shit in the head where the studs go into as you will be able to get new studs from toyota.

ryan_v

Lifer
like he said put new studs on, doesnt sound like you need a new head. Maybe a turbo though if its smoking bad

SRturbo

Member +
The threads on the cylinder head is nackerd. But iv heard i can do a helicoil with that. But what im saying is since its leaking oil, mite i aswel just change the cylinder also. Or isit possible to sort that any other way??