**new hybrid ive been working on**

keirz

Member +
well after a fair bit of research ive finally come up with what i feel will be an awsome hybrid. this is the second hybrid ive built, the last one made decent power but i fancied a change and with my added experience and knoweledge i felt i could create something that would be completely different from the rest.

ive made this myself for myself on my break times at work, its ended up being a little bigger than i first planned but its all came together nicely. its took a rediculous amount of work and i came up with some unforseen problems, but in the end i got there just as planned.

heres the pics,

first off heres a comparison of a ct9 compressor wheel and my new hybrid compressor wheel. note the bigger bearing housing too.
Photo090.jpg

heres the new bigger compressor cover, ive also internally polished it up so it will spin up nicely!
Photo091.jpg

the comp end
Photo097.jpg

shaft end, note the wastegate is welded up as im gonna run it externally gated. lots of weld to make sure it dont leak!
Photo096.jpg

look at the size of the outlet compared to normal ct9
Photo101.jpg

and here next to ct9
Photo102.jpg

next to Td04
Photo094.jpg

ive also custm made some water lines which reverse the blanking plate so the lines are at the front for ease of access and also for better looks
Photo095.jpg

ive gotta wait for my externally gated mani to come and then im gonna put it on and see what happens. as its completely unknown what kinda power its gonna create im gonna run it at 0.8bar to start with and see how it goes. as its not forged and i feel this turbo just may be pushing it a little too much. time will tell.

im not looking for massive power with this turbo, although i feel it will create it. im looking for a very responsive spool up and put out around 220bhp at less than 1 bar.

thanks for looking!

keiran

keirz

Member +
thanks lads, im really happy with how its turned out. and seeing as though its not cost me a single penny im extra happy.

i work for Midland Turbo mate

we dont do custom stuff like this its only a personal pass time of mine! wish we did as i enjoy these custom builds way more than normal rebuilds and exchange units.

MikeGlanzaV

Trader
Looking great mate, cant wait to see what it can do. You know where I am when the time comes to see what it can do on the dyno :p

keirz

Member +
cheers mike, and thanks again for the pipe and hoses. really apreciate it mate, i owe you a beer, anything i dont use i will return and if you want any money for the piping let me know. looking at the bits i have here it should be fairly easy to make the intercooler pipeing.

will probably bring it to you running really low boost, maybe get the fueling checked and get a power run at 0.8bar, and if that dont work out then will see what 1.1 bar works like!

MikeGlanzaV

Trader
cheers mike, and thanks again for the pipe and hoses. really apreciate it mate, i owe you a beer, anything i dont use i will return and if you want any money for the piping let me know. looking at the bits i have here it should be fairly easy to make the intercooler pipeing.

will probably bring it to you running really low boost, maybe get the fueling checked and get a power run at 0.8bar, and if that dont work out then will see what 1.1 bar works like!

No worries at all, happy to help! The pipework we built for my kit is far better than it was out the box so I have faith something can be cobbled together nicely!

Hope the mani arrives soon so the results can be seen! .....as long as it aint more than 246bhp :p

Mike

keirz

Member +
my engine will go pop if it is mate!

im pretty sure on a forged engine at around 1.5bar this thing could make that kinda power.

i will be happy with anything over 200bhp with similar torque at under 1bar

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
looks great!! cant wait to see what sort of power it makes and how it performs.

andybill

Member +
looking nice m8, mike said you were working on a new turbo. Give us a shout when you going for a power run i wouldnt mind popping down :)