new member from ireland

ae86_lad

Fresh Recruit
hello im new to the site, im from ireland. im a big toyota fan always was, ive had soo many .. now i have a 99 corolla g6r.. x2 1986 corolla ae86.. 94 legacy turbo classic.. just sold my 04 integra dc5

im searching the net to find a 4wd corolla or starlet for a project with no luck as yet.. anything considerd.

hopefully i can find one on this site,, let me know if u know any for sale please

Tanz

Lifer
Hi welcome to to site,,you've come to the right place plenty of info and help here ....

Happy posting:)

JohnOBrien8

Member +
Welcome to the site!what part of Ireland are ya from?the starlets came in a 4x4 model, ep85 and ep95,check out the garage section some members have bought these and put a 4efte turbo engine into them!seeing as grip is a big problem with these cars the 4wd models seem to be the way to go!

ae86_lad

Fresh Recruit
thanks lads. i had a plan to someday build a corolla g6r with a blacktop 20v and 4wd corolla running gear with the diff lock gearbox.. slowly gathering parts i have the g6r and the blacktop engine i need the running gear from a full 4wd corolla sallon for this..

but ive recently seen the starlet 4wd and would love one of these as a winter run about.. as the g6r project will be a long one if i find a good 4wd starlet ill be more than happy for now

im from donegal

weeJohn

Lifer
Welcome to the site mate. I dont know much about the Corolla 4WD apart from they all seemed to be estates, I doubt the prop shaft and back axle would be compatable with the G6 underneath but. The 4WD Starlets have a completely different floorpan to the FWD ones. I am not saying it cant be done but its a hell of a lot of work.

Try on here for a 4WD Starlet mate....http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/

ae86_lad

Fresh Recruit
ive missed a 1 or 2 corolla 4wd's here that came up for sale.. there is a tunnel big enough to take prop and exhaust on the g6r, the prop can be cut and welded to fit, the rear can be altered to take the 4wd subframe and diff.. the bootfloor has to be altered also.. its not that hard ive done alot of reasearch into it.. the hardest part is getting the donor car, as there is alot of bits that are a must for a roadcar like the "horse saddle petrol tank" and other parts..

weeJohn

Lifer
ive missed a 1 or 2 corolla 4wd's here that came up for sale.. there is a tunnel big enough to take prop and exhaust on the g6r, the prop can be cut and welded to fit, the rear can be altered to take the 4wd subframe and diff.. the bootfloor has to be altered also.. its not that hard ive done alot of reasearch into it.. the hardest part is getting the donor car, as there is alot of bits that are a must for a roadcar like the "horse saddle petrol tank" and other parts..

Its by no means impossible but might be impractable. I dont want to put you off by any means, I would love to see the car running and for you to have done it. Is it something like this you are after?

http://specs.amayama.com/specs-toyota-corolla-1998-april/2242/

ae86_lad

Fresh Recruit
yes wee john thats exactly what im after.. although at this stage id settle for a 4wd starlet for winter driving and keep searching for a corolla