new member in the aberdeen area

dan_91

Member +
hi guys. the names dan and stay up in good ol aberdeenshire. 2 weeks ago got hold of a tidy starlet, its the quad lamp version so if i think right its the ep82? please correct me if im wrong. havent got much time to research the car as my house in was flooded and strugglin to get the net . down south at the moment and have some access. . i bought the car from a guy up at inverness and apparently shes runnin over 200 mighty horses. she is also caged etc etc. joined the forum today after seeing the meet you guys held in october. and would like to pop along to any more bein held over the next couple of weeks.

sorry for the long introduction.

dan

mr2 rev3

Member +
welcome to the fold matey,and yes the starlet will probably be a mk3 ep 82:rockon: get some pics up and somebody will tell you exactly what your car is and what it's got on it,happy posting dan

welcome buddy.

Notice you're around huntly, thats my area like. The Devron burst it's banks? As I know a few weeks ago it did, didn't realise it did again like.

If it's a quad light, most likely an 82, unless you get morettes for glanza's though, although never seen a set like.

And congrats on choosing the man version :D

dan_91

Member +
hi bud, cheers . been told its a mark 3 but wasnt too sure if it was the ep 82. sorry but how do you get pics up.. im not exactly a genius with computers. which is a surprise for a 18 year old. well it has...
engine:
tong hybrid gt spec turbo (1.2 bar)
farina racer standalone ecu
zisco equal length manifold
blitz downpipe
blitz dual drive bov
hdi fmic
tuning developments fuel pump
air filter mounted directly of turbo
japspeed stainless exhaust
magnecor leads
ngk platinum plugs

chassis:
cusco 6 point roll cage
tein type flex coilovers
pilowball top mounts/camber plates
cusco rear strut brace

drivetrain:
cusco lsd (1.5 way)
poly engine/gearbox mounts
trd quickshift,razo knob

brakes/wheels:
wantnabe/ssr split rims very light/rare)
4x new toyo proxes t1r 195/45/15
earls braided flexis all round
dot 5.1 fluid

interior/ice:
trd clock set
momo steering wheel
sard boost gauge
jvc cd/dvd player
infinity 6x9S
infiniy sub/amp

new standard parts:
timing belt kit
aux belts
waterpump
radiator
t/stat
1.1 bar rad cap
front discs and pads
2x rear wheel bearings
n/s/f wheel bearing
dizzy cap & rotor
dizzy seal
exzedy clutch
it was for sale on pistonheads. if anyone wants to view pictures heres the link.http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1258363.htm..

cheers dan

Craig_GT

Lifer
here u go mate:

1258363-1.jpg

1258363-2.jpg

1258363-3.jpg

dan_91

Member +
welcome buddy.

Notice you're around huntly, thats my area like. The Devron burst it's banks? As I know a few weeks ago it did, didn't realise it did again like.

If it's a quad light, most likely an 82, unless you get morettes for glanza's though, although never seen a set like.

And congrats on choosing the man version

hi mate.. yeah im from the huntly area.. well huntly infact. yeah it burst the day after my 18th .. brillaint.. whole downstairs destroyed. nae cool with a bouncin hangover. luckily i hadnt bought the new motor yet instead my olf astra flooded so found the perfect excuse to purchase a starlet. are you from huntly? yeah its definantly not a glanza! cheers for the quick replys

dan

dan_91

Member +
hi craig.. yeah you guessed the year of 91 is my birth year! :) your fairly on the ball there.. cheers for uploading the pics of my motor. please note she has been lowered more dur to smaller profile tires. got horrible stuck on a speedbump last weekend. :( bad times

yeah I'm from around that area bud. Went to school there back in the day like.

In huntly now and again getting stuff from Simo as well, he's a gold mine of parts, without them I might have been up the creak like!

Yeah, another astra in the scrap yard in the sky isn't a bad thing either :D As long as you got some coin for it from the insurance!

dan_91

Member +
arite good stuff. place is a hole like! yeah is that simo with the black glanza? dont no him personally but name rings bell. im looking for a tidy set of white wheels while i can get the split rims refurbished. as for the astra insurance said i wasnt covered for water damages so the girlfriends father is strippin it n fixing it up as a project n go halvies with the money. not a bad deal at all. so where are you actually located?

cheers, dan

I live in Lumsden, inbetween Huntly and Alford.

Nah Simo has a silver glanza I think, and a black ep82 as a decent car.

Well at least you're getting something out of the astra like, and onwards and upwards!

dan_91

Member +
o yeah i no lumsden. orite i thought he had a black glanza. dont suppose u no of some tidy white wheels? yeah it was a better plan than scrap value. :)