New PB for the ep71

finx

Member +
hey guys

on sunday i went out for my final meeting of the 08/09 drag season here in nz to try and beat my pb from earlier in season of 14.27sec

after rebuilding and installing my trd lsd during last week and re installing the turbo set up after the turbo gasket blew because of a bent manifold flange i was ready to rock down to Fram Autolite Dragway and have a crack for my 5th time this season and on the last good track until the the beginning of next season.

the outcome? on the last run of the day i did a 13.75sec ET @ 158.2km/h (98.3mph) with a 2.031 60'

here's a link to a video

burnout:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bbQVqtyPeI

13sec run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yOyTiPwzfw

car is an ep71 turbo s, running a 5efhe with ct9b on 6psi boost (0.4bar).

cheers
ryan

Last edited:

alfradio

Member +
hey guys

on sunday i went out for my final meeting of the 08/09 drag season here in nz to try and beat my pb from earlier in season of 14.27sec

after rebuilding and installing my trd lsd during last week and re installing the turbo set up after the turbo gasket blew because of a bent manifold flange i was ready to rock down to Fram Autolite Dragway and have a crack for my 5th time this season and on the last good track until the the beginning of next season.

the outcome? on the last run of the day i did a 13.75sec ET @ 158.2km/h (98.3mph) with a 2.031 60'

here's a link to a video

burnout:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bbQVqtyPeI

13sec run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yOyTiPwzfw

car is an ep71 turbo s, running a 5efhe with ct9b on 6psi boost (0.4bar).

cheers
ryan

Very freakin' awsome!!!! Congrats on your new PB!!! Felt great didn't it? :rockon:

alf :homer:

finx

Member +
cheers alf, its been a allot of hard work but i got there in the end.
hell yea! it felt awesome! i was ecstatic after the run.
it went so smooth and just felt really good compared to every other run all season and every other run that day. the 60ft was so clean, almost no wheel spin and it just got up and went. i could tell by the time i was in 2nd gear that it was going to be a good run.

now to save some coin and do some bits to make it faster for next season!
1st thing to go will be the 2et ecu and injectors, then up the boost.

hows you own car going? many meets left for you over there?
also what gear do you go over the line in?

Last edited:

alfradio

Member +
cheers alf, its been a allot of hard work but i got there in the end.

hell yea! it felt awesome! i was ecstatic after the run.

it went so smooth and just felt really good compared to every other run all
season and every other run that day. the 60ft was so clean, almost no
wheel spin and it just got up and went. i could tell by the time i was in 2nd
gear that it was going to be a good run.

now to save some coin and do some bits to make it faster for next season!

1st thing to go will be the 2et ecu and injectors, then up the boost.

hows you own car going? many meets left for you over there?

also what gear do you go over the line in?

I think I finish up the 1/4 mile in 4th gear...? and yeah, still lots of runs to go
as the season over here in the mid-Atlantic states begins around the 1st of
March!

Rattled off my NEW PB on March 21st with an ET of 13.824 @ 99.34 mph.

Very nice to end up your season with a NEW PB... now go hunker down for
the winter with a nice book and a PB & J (Peanut Butter & Jelly)
sandwich! (Ha-Ha-Ha!)

alf :homer:

finx

Member +
cool, i found that in my car if i was changing to 4th the gearing was too tall and it would drop right out of the power band. the last 3 runs of the day and season i decided i would try something different and hold it in 3rd. it payed off! and it increased speed over the line buy about 2mph on average, but im almost topping the gear out so next season a c56 will be taking its place which has shorter ratios and 3rd to 4th gear transition is allot nicer.

sweet! plenty more to come then with a bit of luck.
any plans for some more power? or any goals your trying to achieve? your consistency is definitely there, and your reaction times are awesome! going buy your time sheets in other posts.

yea im fairly happy with how it turned out, last run of the meet and season to run a new PB. better late than never i say.
hahaha yea, i will more likely be hunkering down and when the weather isn't to bad go out and work on the car :drive:
speaking of sandwich's im hungry might go make something now.

when i get the originals off the pics from the meet i will post them up.

Last edited:

finx

Member +
cool. i guess your closer final drive helps. will definitely be looking at building myself one before next season. loads of things to be done.
look forward to reading some more of your drag season posts :)

ryan