new sound system install

markeybhoy

Member +
hey all.

as you all know the standard speakers are pooooooor so im gonna upgrade.

Double DIN player, 2 front 10cm speakers (im under the impression thats the correct size) and 2 6x9's for the back and a Sub.

i was quoted 100buks for the fitting of this which lets face it, isnt gona happen! just wondering if its straight forward to fit? never did it myself!

anyone have any or know of any sites with a good guide of where the speakers connect to etc...?

cheers dudes :)

bigdoods

Member +
ya its simple so it is.First thing disconnect the negative power terminal from the battery in engine bay(so you dont get lit up:p)basically take out the original front speakers,cut the wires and join them to the new speaker wires with wire joiners or tape.as for the 6x9s just trace the wires up the car(or into amp) and hack into the wiring loom to find the front speaker cable wires(thats if there is no auxillary output place on the headunit)
as for the sub youl need an amp...the amps are simple again to wire up.pretty much same as the 6x9s except you certaily need an auxillary for this.remember to bring the power wire down the car a seperate side to the speaker wire+remote wire.and always earth the amp first when you plug these things in.thats all ya have to remember:)

markeybhoy

Member +
cheers doods, although some of that is chinese to me lol i really duno the first thing about wiring etc... id need to buy an amp in order to fit a sub? i shall get looking

bigdoods

Member +
cheers doods, although some of that is chinese to me lol i really duno the first thing about wiring etc... id need to buy an amp in order to fit a sub? i shall get looking

ya the amp is the main thing to wire in.everything is easy.youl need an amp to power a sub so you will.i have two amps.one for sub and one for 6x9s. about a 800watt amp should do a v.good job on powering a 1300watt sub

markeybhoy

Member +
okay kool. what about wiring etc, does what you require come with each part? or do i need to buy a wiring kit?

bigdoods

Member +
yes you have to buy a wiring kit aswell.i have a 1600watt amp there for sale with full wiring kit.150euro? if ya want.its 4 channel.would be enough to power 2 subs.works perfect.you can have it if ya want as im more into the power side of things now:)pm me if interested

Hi if your going to buy amp and sub pack it should come with a suitable wiring if not whoever you buy it off should be able to advise you what you need. All good kits come complete with simple wiring diagrams and all the connectors you will need. As for disconnecting the battery this isnt really ever done just put the main fuse in last once all other connections are made and you will be fine.

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
it is quite easy to wire your amp up and 6x9 if you have done a bit of wiring before if not it can be very complicated ...i am a audio fitter myself markeyboy so if you need any help just give me a pm...but if you need a decent guideline then the first thing to do is to run the live cable(red) from your battery to the boot..you will need to find a grommet to run the cable through near the battery...you then need to connect the blue cable(remote) to the back of the head unit(stereo) were you will find another blue cable just attach hem together with scotch-locks or cutting into it..then the earth wire is next all you need to do with this is connect it to a bolt (good earth) possibly under ure seat(not ure back lights ...worst mistake) then ure all ready to plug the amp in just take the main fuse out when plugging in so you dont fry anything..

Front speakers are 4". Amps are simple to install. You donot necessarily need two amps. With a good head unit you can use the deck to power your mid range speakers, using some nice low watt speakers clarion makes some nice ones if your on a budget. Bass wise you donot necessarily need an amp for that either, since there are subs with built in amps (just connect it like a regular speaker). But of course they will not sound as good but not horrible. Or you can use a four or five channel amp to run your whole system. Also you can use a single dinn head unit and just get the pocket to fill the space. Do you have all you equipment yet?

markeybhoy

Member +
cheers for the advice guys.

sound performace, not yet. ive had a look online and at a place called Soundmaster Scotland, you may have heard of it. it was them who quoted me for the fitting.

if you have any recommendation as to what set up to buy please let me know...

cheers