New to EP82 - help on boost settings on APEXi?

Barnz74

Fresh Recruit
Hi - I'm new to the forum, I'll be collecting my EP82 tonight, and wondered what I need to do to set it up properly before driving home.
It has an uprated turbo and also an APEXI boost controller.
The car has been sitting in a lockup with battery disconnected, the seller is fitting a new battery today. I bought it to do it up and shine a little TLC its way also to have some pocket-rocket fun.
What are the standard settings for the turbo to enter into the AVRC?
I've read all about Duty, duration, etc.
Is it 0.7psi boost?
Barney

AdamB

Member +
The stock Hi boost pressure is 0.65 bar.
You will first have to set the desired boost pressure, with the duty at 0. Once the boost pressure is set and you can confirm by using the gauge that you are getting your desired boost pressure you can then set about playing with the duty.

Then go into the duty cycle setting and increase slightly until the boost overshoots slightly then turn the duty back down until it holds boost.

It can be a fiddle but its worth it.

Barnz74

Fresh Recruit
Thanks AdamB, I'll set to 0.65 Hi boost. I think there are Lo and Hi on a 1993 model am I right?
I have the APEXi manual for how to set up the boost control, but no specific EP82 settings :)
For now, I just want to set to standard as it's not been on the road for a while, even though it can obviously cope with more.

AdamB

Member +
You would be best removing the original Hi Lo solenoid, you can use various boost settings on the boost controller itself.
There is no such specific settings as it will vary from engine to engine, but as I said just set the desired boost pressure, the apexi gives boost in Kg/Cm^2, which is roughly the same as bar. Then adjust the duty :)