new to tgtt

finx

Member +
1st ill start off by saying kiora to all you guys and girls from down here in new zealand.

heres a bit about myself and then my car
my names ryan, and im a diesel mechanic. i enjoy getting stuck in and fixing things up. specially stuff people think is compleetly stuffed and making them go better than before.

im into outdoor living and anything that's a good hard challenge.
i do down hill and free ride mountain biking, skiing (snow and water) and play and refferee basketball. (im one of the best 'junior' refferee's in australasia)

i drive a verry rear genuine 1986 ep71 turbo s
it has had numerious engine/driveline and suspention set ups over the past 3 years i have owned it. each was aimed at being something different and cool in its own right.

started off as a stock as you can get 2etelu 1295cc sohc
it stayed like this for ages as i was a broke student and was saving to do it up
i got it to a dyno day (organised by starlet central the nz starlet site) while still compleetly stock with just on 200,000km on the clock and it still managed a whopping 90hp@wheels :haha:
i then took it down to the drag strip one winter meet and in the same stock guise managed a 15.5@142km/h with a 2.3 60ft on cheepo tyres.

i then gradually did a few bits and ices to it
2et set up ended up with a full exhaust system, removed a/c and all the extra gear no longer needed. had lowering springs a shot shifter and an adjustable turbo actuator (made myself)
raced my mates gtst r32 skyline and beat him so was pritty happy with the outcome of that set up.
the engine had a miss hap with a self destructing oil pump pully so i then put a 4efte in it

at the same time as i put the 4efte in i changed the top mount intercooler for a e39a vr4 item and 2 inch stainless piping. and tinkered with a few other bits and pices. was a bit quicker than the 2e but mainly it just reved allot nicer then the grumbly old sohc

the 4e got tired one day so i picked up a 5efhe put a ct9b on it and basicly thats where im at now.
so far i have mannaged a 14.3@156km/h with a 2.5 60ft on 9psi boost. track was slipery ,un prepped and my clutch was slipping in second gear. i should be able drop that time down considerably over the coming months.

thats a bit about me and my car. hope you enjoyed reading it.(bit of a novel i know)
will try add some pictures for you all at some stage, quite busy atm getting to car sorted. i have another drag meet in a weeks time so if i get the car back together time ill be at that.

catch you all later

cheers
ryan

Last edited:
A

Animal GT

great intro mate,welcome along laddy:)

happy posting and ur on the best toyota site goin;)

finx

Member +
cheers to all of you for the worm welcome.

its guna take me a while to work out how this forums board works etc but i should be able to sus it out fairly quickly.

its an ongoing project thats had its up and down's. got a few plans for it over the next month and a half. some of witch will be a bit different to some of the run of the mill mods out there.

ill add some pics soon as possible. dont have many good ones atm. might try get my mates to get some at the upcoming drag meet if i get it ready in time.

as for responce, its not bad. i can put my foot down in any gear and have 5psi boost by 1500rpm. full boost from 1750-1800 all the way through to 5750-6000rpm where it drops off unfortunatly in typical ct9 fashion. (got plans for a few mods to change that).
its fairly fun to drive, torque steers everywhere at the moment. putting my quafie
LSD gearbox that i am currently building in verry soon, with a new clutch as well so should fix that problem. it pulls pritty well right through the rev range. not bad for a fairly stock streeter. catchs quite a few people out at the lights because of the awsome down low power.

cheers again;
Ryan

Last edited:

After-Glanza

Member +
Great intro mate sounds like a great wee project you have there. seems to be pretty rare strapping a ct9 on a 5e, must pull like a diesel low down but for twice as long lol:)