New Xmas Pressie - 50mm f/1.8 of WIN

Monkfish

Member +
I had a new lens for Christmas. I picked it myself, but the parents bought it for me. Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8. A lot of guys on the Photography Forum I used to frequent raved about one, and seeing as I didn't have to pay for it, I got one as a pressie. There are only two words I can use to describe this lens...

Utterly Fantastic.

I strapped it to the camera and went out into the dining room to take a couple of pictures of the parents Ginuea Pigs. Here's the results...

DSC_7831.JPG

DSC_7833.JPG

:eek:

I knew 50mm lenses gave some shallow DoF (Depth of Field), but fuck me. I'm going to wash The Bitch soon and go out and take some photo's. If you are into your photography, you cannot be without a 50mm lens. Really. You can't. :homer:

Dave.

Member +
haha! your right mate, some cracking photos, and the depth of field is incredible :D How much did it skin you? (or the parents lol)

Dave

Dave.

Member +
Sounds it, i'm not an expert in this field by any stretch of the imagination, but that seems like a quality bit of kit!

Get the photos of the GT up when you get round to taking them! :D

Dave

Glanza_MK

Member +
Like I said in the other thread mate, its a brilliant lens! Although its got me wanting something with a smaller focal length now! Maybe a 28mm f1.8 or something? Just find that sometimes the length of the 50mm is too much. Some cracking photos youve taken there anyway dude.

This is one I took earlier this year.

IMG_1363bw.jpg

I think its great at candid shots

Monkfish

Member +
Like I said in the other thread mate, its a brilliant lens! Although its got me wanting something with a smaller focal length now! Maybe a 28mm f1.8 or something? Just find that sometimes the length of the 50mm is too much. Some cracking photos youve taken there anyway dude.

This is one I took earlier this year.

<bloke smoking pic>

I think its great at candid shots

Cracking photo there. Nice bokeh too. :cool:

I'm not sure if 50mm is too long a focal length, I've yet to try it on a car, which is what I photograph more than anything else. I may get a smaller focal length in a month or so, I'll see how I get on with the 50mm first.

I did ask in the camera shop if they can get an 18-55 f/1.8. They said, "Yeh, but they're £900 for a cheap one". Fuck that! :homer: