News Story: Tesco kids had to remove GAA gear (Northern Ireland)

squeekyduck

Member +
This is a shocking story I came across today. I cant believe people are so narrow minded and stuck in ther past of Northern Ireland.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/8024732.stm

It does not matter what side of the fence you are on, this is terrible to do to children. We are suppossed to be moving forward and I cant believe Tesco actually took this mans complaint seriously.
These kids have as much a right to wear what they want as the next person.

Last edited:

Gryzor

Admin
The small mindedness of some people is just unbelievable, but for the Tesco's manager to turn round and tell the kids to remove their shirts takes the biscuit, he should have told the compliant were to stick his complaint.

druff11

Fresh Recruit
This is a shining example of the narrow minded view points that have held held our island back for years and untill people on both sides of the community drop their old and tattered sense of tradition children will grow up believing that this is the way to go about their lives. This was a simple event and was to be ran with the best of intensions with no harm coming to any of the tescos shoppers and for anyone to say that they were getting offended an felt threatened by an under12 GAA squad need their heads checking out cos theirs people sectioned that have more sense than them.

ryan_v

Lifer
complaining over 12year olds packking there shopping for a sports club! lol what can you say, thats unbelievable

rickie

Member +
Yeah it isn't right. However, you have to remember what happened in antrim recently and some people still have a bad taste in their mouths I guess.

its pretty ridiculous the lengths people go to to complain.I don't get why every one is so intolerant, who cares let ppl live life the way they want
I'm sure you could tell what side of the fence ppl are on depending on what football/rugby team they're from but there was no complaints about that!

I hate whenever I'm in shopping and they have those charity packers trying to nab your shopping and guilt u into giving them money and then give you evils whenever you say you'll pack it yourself, I give to charity but on my own terms. rant over.

squeekyduck

Member +
Yeah it isn't right. However, you have to remember what happened in antrim recently and some people still have a bad taste in their mouths I guess.

And is that the fault of 9 year olds?? No its not. Fair enough on the point of what happened a few weeks ago, but this narrow mindedness has to stop. These kids will grow up to think that its ok for this type of behaviour to happen and then the circle continues.

gv1.3

Admin
Good thread. As long as there many of us to speak out against this crap it will eventually end. It is when we all sit back and say nothing that there is a problem

Phil

Super Moderator
stupid nonsense imo.

why would anyone care?

sportsgear is just used to continue the hate.

rangers celtic
gaelic(sp) hurley etc

i can understand why a 30yr old wearing a rangers shirt or gaelic shirt wont be let into a pub/club, but kids in tescos? such nonsense.

RELIGION
protestants hated catholics and vice versa.
but virtually no one actually cares anymore.
so religion is no longer an excuse for any violence!

Politics
republicans hated loyalists
but 99% percent of northern ireland or the republic of ireland couldnt really care anymore.
sp politics really shouldnt be used as an excuse anymore.

Sports
no idea why we have continue the sectarianism of sports.
no one ive ever spoke to with a rangers or celtic shirt on gives two flying poops about rangers or celtic. and if a loyalist or protestant is good at hurley, let him at it lol who cares?!

personally i think once the recession passes, we should all try and get the entire government both north and south kicked into touch, get a new government or assembly in place, and instead of argueing amongst themselves they should argue with us, the general public, till we make them understand WE DO NOT CARE, about sectarianism racism all the other crap.

if i feel the need to break someone nose who has wronged me (not that i would, just hypothetically) id rather get done for GBH than have some stupid lawyer tell me it was cause he was wearing a shirt of some colour or he was dark skinned?! like Clear Off.

ive hit my own brother many a time and he is as brown as me and believes the same things,
in others words i dont see why we pretend that everything bad that someone does must be related back to politics or racism!?

anyway, be cool!

Phil

when people complain tesco remove the problem even if its jst 1 idiot, this noob head would not of bought his shopping there again which wud affect there profits and they cant av that, theyre happier to piss on there own staff or children jst tryin to raise money etc, than offend a customer