Next best mod??

tsovTRD

Fresh Recruit
Hey guys, ive just started getting my 96 Glanza V running nicely and ive fitted a Powerflow 63mm downpipe and full exhaust, apart from that, the car doesnt have any other mods. Any advice on what the next best mod is? I was thinking FMIC and stainless steel manifold? i am wanting to do an order this week so any advice would be much appreciated :cool:

tsovTRD

Fresh Recruit
Im not looking to do a turbo upgrade soon, so nothing too hectic.... i was thinking FMIC, manifold, unichip?
The car has had a full service recently, changed all wheel bearings, brake pads and C.V joints.

Last edited by a moderator:

weeJohn

Lifer
FMIC would help if you planned to turn the boost up a little. You would need some fuel upgrades then and either port the stock manifold or fit a tubular type.

You sound like you are on the start of a series of upgrades. The one problem people always find when doing this is getting the fueling correct. An aftermarket pre programmed ECU like a Jam, Blitz, Mines or the like will adapt easily to any mods you fit and keep fueling in the safe zone whilst giving more power than the stock item. Its a more expensive mod, but from where you are now it will give you power gains and your engine a safe running condition that could save you money on repairs.

gg205rob

Member +
Don't get a stainless manifold, certainly not a cheap one anyway as they crack. Mild steel is generally better, I think wepr and zisco are both well rated. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Skalabala

Member +
Hi buddy from Africa :D
Keep it stock bud, we do not have parts for it :(
FMIC with stock ECU is fine. A good idea is a wideband so that you can keep an eye on COs :)
And unichip is a NONONO!!
Man I miss those rib eye steaks :p

tsovTRD

Fresh Recruit
Howzit bro!! im having ribeye on the braai tonight lol!!! Botswana Beef!!!!

Why dont you recommend unichip? the guys at dastek Centurion are quite hot at tuning the Toyota ECU's, its the next mod im doing on my runX RSi...

Between my boet and i we've got quite a few spares, dont want anything too hectic, did some research and this is what im planning.

FMIC
Remove aircon and fit induction
Port standard turbo manifold