Next Modifications. . .

dellybeans

Member +
Right getting boost creep car jumped Engine light popped on, Dont know what boost it hit. So i want to know what mod is next at the mo i have fm, Decat, relocated filter, ngk leads, plugs, !!!!!! Was looking at Speedvision Manifold the new one they brought out Ct9 Hybrid info on them would be great ? Also what other parts to keep her safe Actuator, Whats the Speedvisions FPR like ? Thank You.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Do you want to up the boost or just keep it from fuel cut?

I take it you know the usual route for upping the boost? (fpr,mbc/actuator,intercooler,FCD above a bar and a map)
to try and keep it below id port the W/G,get a good actuator and an FCD for those cold nights when it just creeps slightly. Just keep an eye on it.

As for hybrid,i wouldn't bother,you'll see most people go td04 in the end and the price of the hybrid would cover half the cost of a td04 set up.

IMO :)

danb87

South East England Area Rep
what actually causes boost creep, an is there a way of stopping it?

but have too disagree with the hybrid comment, im very impressed with mine. pulls brilliantly an only runnin .8 of a bar soon too be 1.2. i think td04 would be a good upgrade, but too run decent power, you gota go forgedm get top notch management,a td04 kit etc, not a cheap upgrade. where as with the hybrid you can keep it a cheap upgrade an still make it run safe. but thats just my opinon all depends what you from your car

dellybeans

Member +
Do you want to up the boost or just keep it from fuel cut?

I take it you know the usual route for upping the boost? (fpr,mbc/actuator,intercooler,FCD above a bar and a map)
to try and keep it below id port the W/G,get a good actuator and an FCD for those cold nights when it just creeps slightly. Just keep an eye on it.

As for hybrid,i wouldn't bother,you'll see most people go td04 in the end and the price of the hybrid would cover half the cost of a td04 set up.

IMO :)

Once again your on hand to help me out. Cheers bud, Well to be honest was giving a Super-Charged Mini ago and it happended so let off !!! I couldn't be bother to go the TD04 route have the turbo and all there but the effort ? Might just get a Manifold and stay Ct9 ? Was looking at the (Speedvision) FPR any info on these where to get setup aslo ? Need to find an Actuator and a Fpr to keep things safe.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator

but have too disagree with the hybrid comment, im very impressed with mine. pulls brilliantly an only runnin .8 of a bar soon too be 1.2. i think td04 would be a good upgrade, but too run decent power, you gota go forgedm get top notch management,a td04 kit etc, not a cheap upgrade. where as with the hybrid you can keep it a cheap upgrade an still make it run safe. but thats just my opinon all depends what you from your car
Id put it down to the decat and airfilter,which usally isn't enough, but on the cold nights we've been having would tip the favour.
If you meant in general there is a host of factors including sea level and air temperature. Toby did a pretty good write up on it before if you want to have a search for it )

I think we may agree to dis-agree as the TD04 will make the same usable power at 1bar of boost than the hybrid at 1.2 ( going from experience of the td04 and looking at dyno's of ct9H )
Benifit of that is once you go over 1 bar your going into dangerous territory of internals.You can combat it by changing the H/G ( like spuddy did at 1.4bar) or go further to 1.6 on forged.The CT9 hybrid will never flow tjhat high so if you ever wanted to go higher boost at least the td04 could take it and make use of it.As for mapping/management, to get the most from a ct9H you will need this also.

So it comes down to if you plan on only getting 190-210 (as an average ) or 230 to 250fwhp+

At 1bar of boost my old one made 223fwhp and 200ft lbs.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Once again your on hand to help me out. Cheers bud, Well to be honest was giving a Super-Charged Mini ago and it happended so let off !!! I couldn't be bother to go the TD04 route have the turbo and all there but the effort ? Might just get a Manifold and stay Ct9 ? Was looking at the (Speedvision) FPR any info on these where to get setup aslo ? Need to find an Actuator and a Fpr to keep things safe.
Lol
Good day at the track so?:)
If thats what you want go for it,but you'll need an FCD aswell.
So FCD - €100
FPR - €120+
Get it checked (martin tracey etc) €50 - 80 (you can fit it yourself,quite easy)
Or try to pick up an emanage blue for 200 odd,wire it yourself or get someone competent,then get chris ( or someone else) to map it with better results.

danb87

South East England Area Rep
i did read some where some one made 230hp on the hybrid at 1.3bar, is that safe too do on a standard engine? well not forged but with an atheana gasket? an all head rebuild etc. does an external wategate setup cure the boost creep problem? am i right in thinking that?

dan

Rory

Lifer
Have to forge to get decent power and top notch managment?
A forged motor gives you room for more, but a standard engine will take some abuse if done right.
TOp notch managment should be at the top of anyones modifications list, regardless of setup. I see alot of people buying all these super dooper modifications and then skimping on managment.
As for what causes it, its down to the wastegate hole in the turbo being to small, it cant expell the gasses quick enough. As said, search for a post that Toby did a while ago, well worth the read.

@dellybeans - Personally i would stay away from speedvision products and stay with a reputable trader on here for a good manifold, WEPR, Zisco etc.
If you want a simple way of stopping the boost creep, restrict either the exhaust or air filter. cheap and works.
I remember having to make up a heap of diffirent exhaust gaskets to get it to work well.

dellybeans

Member +
Right thanks for the info. . . Hks fcd alright yeah ??? Am i better of buying bran new or what ? I already have a Speedvision Decat so would i have to scrap that and get the kit of WEPR or Speedvision Decat Wepr Manifold work ??? Sard Fpr alright to but yeah ?

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
i did read some where some one made 230hp on the hybrid at 1.3bar, is that safe too do on a standard engine? well not forged but with an atheana gasket? an all head rebuild etc. does an external wategate setup cure the boost creep problem? am i right in thinking that?

dan
It depends on what Cr you can get,the thicker the safer.But you can leave yourself with lag because of it and its not a fool proof way either.You can still get knock.**

The external W/G can help yep,expensive solution though.

The Jamaicans seems to be able to run higher boost levels on there engines,no-one is really sure why,perhaps its there climate and sea level and the fact that forged parts are hard to come by over there so they have fine tuned they're process:)

Right thanks for the info. . . Hks fcd alright yeah ??? Am i better of buying bran new or what ? I already have a Speedvision Decat so would i have to scrap that and get the kit of WEPR or Speedvision Decat Wepr Manifold work ??? Sard Fpr alright to but yeah ?
I'd try for a Jam one. The HKS FCD is constantly tricking the ECU into thinking that its running lower boost so the chances of DET are much higher than the Jam unit ,which only activates after fuel cut. Plenty of people use the HKS unit with no problems though,but personally i'd go for the jam if I could get it. 2nd hand would do grand.

I think its only WEPR exhasuts/decats that don't match up to other brands,you should be fine but ask to be sure. SARD FPR would be fine;)

dellybeans

Member +
Where can these Jam's be bought. Am i right in saying can only get then second hand now is it ? All i can find is the HKS ones. ???