Nissan Pulsar Gti-R MPG?

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
Hey guys, I know this isn't about starlets but just wanted to know how bad they are on fuel compared to our cars?

I heard they do about 22mpg and that doesn't sound to bad for a 2lt turbo tbh, but i have also heard of them doing 16-18 mpg :confused: so don't know what to believe.

Thanks for all comments :)

pkn

Member +
mine used to do about 15-20:( mpg and quite a bit less if driven hard. i could use £20 worth of petrol in 50 miles

dac69er

Super Moderator
Hey guys, I know this isn't about starlets but just wanted to know how bad they are on fuel compared to our cars?

I heard they do about 22mpg and that doesn't sound to bad for a 2lt turbo tbh, but i have also heard of them doing 16-18 mpg :confused: so don't know what to believe.

Thanks for all comments :)

your not going to go for one of those already are you ryan? keep the v

Big_Daddy

Member +
When i had my pusa, i use to get 55 miles on £10 v-power, that was with a leaking injector 75 normal and 25 boosting.
all depends how much its modded

zee20

Member +
they aint bad on fuel but you got to have deep pockets to run these and to maintain these what you think peeps?and hard to find a mint ir these days

Big_Daddy

Member +
thats true but think of how much the parts cost not to mention the insurance on one

same as starlets, parts are not that hard, i joined GTIr forum, got bits all day long, insurance fair play , think cat 20!! but i got insured for 900quid with 4NCBs.
I really do miss mines:(

zee20

Member +
same as starlets, parts are not that hard, i joined GTIr forum, got bits all day long, insurance fair play , think cat 20!! but i got insured for 900quid with 4NCBs.
I really do miss mines:(

lol i dont, i prefer my lil starbo to a pulsar coz it costs less to insure and it does better on petrol, pulsar's are fast and leathal for those who can drive safely thats why its a lot on insurance and if your younger than 25 then theres no way you can get insured for less than 1300 fully comp in your own name

Big_Daddy

Member +
lol i dont, i prefer my lil starbo to a pulsar coz it costs less to insure and it does better on petrol, pulsar's are fast and leathal for those who can drive safely thats why its a lot on insurance and if your younger than 25 then theres no way you can get insured for less than 1300 fully comp in your own name

i was 21 when i got that quote :p They are deadly, saw cop chase other day, feds in land rover try pulling it over, geza dropped it, pissed over it silly around the rounabout.
They do manover quick and pick is just too good (power/4wd/weight).

zee20

Member +
i was 21 when i got that quote :p They are deadly, saw cop chase other day, feds in land rover try pulling it over, geza dropped it, pissed over it silly around the rounabout.
They do manover quick and pick is just too good (power/4wd/weight).

true, mind you them times have gone now, im 21 and most companys wont even touch me, the best quote i got was 1700 fully comp(no way am i paying that)

dantheman

Member +
what you boys talking about :haha: pulsars are SLOW compared to tuned starbo's end of.. hence why ive had 4 and sold my 430bhp r to get another starbo :p they are a bastard to work on, dont think ive ever worked on a car as bastard as the gtir LOL the gearbox's are wank, they are shite on fuel..they rot worse than old ford's... i could go on all day.. HOWEVER they are very fun cars, great to drive WHEN they are running right. ;)

pic of the old girl

dsc00175xl3.jpg

richglanzav

Member +
pulsars are apsolute animals, just look at them! lol...and few simple mods will see nearly 300bhp. fuel will be a bit of a killer but like already said maintenance costs is the big downfall. but u buy a car like that for the performance. and i seen a few of these things and i wud say it wud take a veeeery quick car to keep up with a modded pulsar (however a tuned starlet would do no problem IMO). finding a good one will be a bitch tho cus they so old :(

Last edited:

dantheman

Member +
pulsars are apsolute animals, just look at them! lol...and few simple mods will see nearly 300bhp. fuel will be a bit of a killer but like already said maintenance costs is the big downfall. but u buy a car like that for the performance. and i seen a few of these things and i wud say it wud take a veeeery quick car to keep up with a modded pulsar (however a tuned starlet would do no problem IMO). finding a good one will be a bitch tho cus they so old :(

to be fair theyre not amazingly fast even at 300bhp.. dont get me wrong theyre not slow, but it wouldnt be much quicker than a sti scooby or something. at 1bar with exhaust/filter they make 270-280bhp. 1.2bar 290-310bhp, the turbo's as standard are quite large with a .86 exhaust housing. only prob being is they dont like you launching them, which kinda defeats the object of having 4wd lol i even managed to blow my quaiffe box which was £3k alone, thats when i decided to call it a day with pulsars :haha: you will spend more time under the hood than driving it gauranteed :p

a td04 starbo on around 1.1bar would stick to a 300bhp gtir no probs.