Nissan pulsar intercooler

mikeylove

Member +
Well as some of you may have seen i managed to pick up a nissan pulsar gtir top mount for £12 from the bay it arrived yesterday and its the perfect size for a frount mount intercooler the size is 12" width 9.5" length and a core size of 2.5" which isnt far shy of some of the other intercoolers flying about, i will pipe it in this weekend and do a full write up to follow.

but as budget tuning with oem spec parts goes, this could be one of the best, i reckon this full front mount kit could be bought, including piping for around £25-£45!!!

Last edited:

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
I was contomplating doing it too a while ago as i had one for free if i wanted it ( mate of mine was Animalising his GTI-R ) should work out good for ya. Piping may be a bit awkward though

mikeylove

Member +
yeah it isn't the best intercooler for piping but not the end of the world lol, i will work it out and chuck a how to up.

the question is how many more top mods can i do on a budget!!!

lol

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
well you can pick up a good front mount cooler off of ebay for less than £100 so it may not break the bank if you decide to go for one of those

mikeylove

Member +
the beauty of the pulsar cooler is that it is a good quality oem spec product, some of those ebay intercoolers look ropey lol

Last edited:

jezza

Lifer
Here's a few pics of my attempt on my old two-tone. The intercooler size is ideal but the inlet and outlet are very awkward. I had to cut them down a fraction to gain some clearance. I used one of the 2.5" universal piping kits off ebay. Far too many joins and crap hose clamps didn't help! It performed ok but there was too much lag. I'd recommend 2" piping and T-bolt clamps.

I had some photographic assistance from leecarmichaeluk who has/had a similar set up.

PICT0846small.jpg

PICT0850small.jpg

PICT0885.jpg

PICT0887.jpg

mikeylove

Member +
fair play, i am going to cut down the inlet and outlet and i think i will take your advice on the piping size although saying that how much boost were you running. i am planning to run 1bar with this intercooler in the future!!!

jezza

Lifer
It was only running standard boost as I didn't have an fcd. Will be curious to see your set up. Take plenty of pics!

Monkfish

Member +
I'm running 1.75" off the turbo, expanding to 2" halfway to the cooler, then 2.5" from the cooler to the inlet. Seems to run fine for 1 Bar. :)

Jezza, I'm curious as to why you mounted the cooler that way? Surely rotating it 90 deg clockwise would have been easier to plumb up?

glanza330

Fresh Recruit
to fit this intercooler to the glanza perfectly the crash bar would have to be removed. i have the same intercooler and the end tanks were rebored to fit the piping to the side.