Nissan Pulsar

DizzyDragon

Member +
Hey, I'm not getting rid of the good old EP yet, but pulsar's have taken my curiosity.

Been told their in the garage more than on the road. But they must be fun to drive right?

Also found out the gearbox's are quite weak, cant one from a 200SX be used?

Just a curiosity an hoping some people on here have owned/know about them.

mikeybad1989

Fresh Recruit
my mate had 1 for about 4 months drove it once the rest of the time was in his garage with one thing after another wrong with it in the end he sold it in bits but also heard there very good fun.

aaronw

Member +
im getting another one hopefully next week.

i had one before and loved it.

unless you are very unlucky,dependant on how its driven will depend on how long itll last.

DizzyDragon

Member +
Considering one as a next car maybe to keep me ticking over untill I can one day afford to insure an R34 lol.

must be quick on acceleration though?

aaronw

Member +
i went out in a 330bhp stripped out with 16 point cage. acceloration is inpressive its the handeling that amazes me

Jaf_ep91

Member +
my bro in law had 1 for just over 3 year 350 brake q/m time was 12.6 cant remember speed but in the 3 year only thing it needed was a clutch which i thot was brilliant as it put up with some stick, it obv needed some things for mot but nothing major

sanchez

Member +
i went out in a 330bhp stripped out with 16 point cage. acceloration is inpressive its the handeling that amazes me

By that you mean shocking handling yeah? lol

Standard form is shite imo, my mate had one, rolled all over the place in the corners, front end comes up under hard acceleration and the brakes are shite, we raced a scooby wrx and it pissed all over us.

As soon as he had a few roll bars, better brakes and some teins on it, it was so much better, but as you lot are saying it spent most of its time off the road, need a gearbox rebuild, fuel is ridiculous when it was was tuned to about 300bhp...

aaronw

Member +
eh......i meant great handeling.

the last one i had was bad on fuel but its a 4wd 2litre turbo so it aint guna be economical.

standard the starlet is shit too,but how many standard starlets are there.

around twisty roads even in the wet the 4wd is fantastic

aaronw

Member +
you are right about the 'weak' gearbox's after 300bhp,and the standard brakes are shite.

i know someone who makes bigger brake kits to suit the standard calipers at 300 for the back,and 300 for the front....bargin. (he makes brakes for a living by the way)

Gav_Kara

Member +
We owned one and loved it only thing that ever went wrong was it dropped oil pressure so needed new engine,totaly regret selling ours

.ep82GER

Member +
This one l@@ks the part........

dcd.jpg