Nitrous users

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Got most of the wireing done today, just need to mount the solenoids.

Where have you mounted the solenoids/pulsoids for the gas and the fuel?

I was thinking of putting them either behind the battery or possibly next to the map sensor.

Boab

Member +
Got most of the wireing done today, just need to mount the solenoids.

Where have you mounted the solenoids/pulsoids for the gas and the fuel?

I was thinking of putting them either behind the battery or possibly next to the map sensor.

mustn't be many nitrous users...

dac69er

Super Moderator
i would have thought you mount them as close as possible to the point in which you intend to inject the fuel/gas?

would have thought custom brackets would be necessary to achieve this.

Boab

Member +
yea, we usually just make a few custome brackets. if your stuck, get some aluminium strips and bend them to shape. worked at treat for holding my intercooler.

bob

finx

Member +
on my ep71 i have made a custom bracket that sits them under/behind the throttle body out of sight for all those engine bay stalkers to see.
had mocked them up to sit in view off the passenger side strut tower but got over it, was in the way as well. it doesnt matter how far from the point of injection they are placed, the pressure isnt going to change given the size of the pipe that it goes through and the size of the outlet jet etc

GaryGT

Member +
Mount them on the firewall behaind the INtake manifold keeping them outta sight lad!! u will need to take the Intake manifold off to mount them properly thats one way lad!! or u can mount them on the side of the Suspension strut towers. whenver u mount them make sure there done properly lad!!
i take it ur not going Direct Port?? Pre Throttle ye????

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Aye Direct port so intake is coming off anyway when I'm tapping it for the injectors.

Thanks for the info guys.

350ep70gr

Member +
ya going to give one of dave's thermal inlet gaskets a go ?

Nice piece the daves thermal gasket! I didnt know it was available as an aftermarket item so i made my own for the half cost! Good to see tho that dave gives importance to details..by adding those kind of parts to his store!
Mine is a mix with teflon and other materials!

Chris

350ep70gr

Member +
on my ep71 i have made a custom bracket that sits them under/behind the throttle body out of sight for all those engine bay stalkers to see.
had mocked them up to sit in view off the passenger side strut tower but got over it, was in the way as well. it doesnt matter how far from the point of injection they are placed, the pressure isnt going to change given the size of the pipe that it goes through and the size of the outlet jet etc

On my ep71 the solenoids was mount at the back side of the batery with a custom bracket. I used zex single port tho..

Chris

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I had considered one of the new gaskets, but the nitrous will cool the charge enough I'd say.

I'll let yas know how it goes, mapping tomorrow for boost and next week all being well the nitrous map will go on.