No Boost at all!!!

gtsimo

Member +
went to take my gt out this mornin for a spin and i put my foot down and i was gettin no boost at all theres no dumpvalve workin cuz its like the turbo isnt spinning!! what could the problem be? the turbo has been loose of the manifold for a while so sounds like a tractor but not sure is it related!! its as slow as xmas!!

monka

Member +
turbo has been loose off the manifold for a while?
bloody helll, your lucky if it aint fucked,
that would be why you got no boost because no exhaust gasses are pushing your turbo.

tighten the bolts up and it will be sorted

gtsimo

Member +
no joke i put a recon turbo in it ,and after a month the nuts had undone themselves but it was still boostin , not as much but i hadent time to get the nuts tightened but overnight its just stopped boosting.and there is no whine outa it i just checked there

Adam_Glanza

Member +
it wont be boosting if the turbo is hanging off mate,

get it tightened up then retry.

if its still not working then check all your boost pipes 1 must of popped off

monka

Member +
well i expect its so loose nothing is getting to it, either that, or your turbo is know as much use as gordan brown

gtsimo

Member +
could the turbo really be fucked?and how could it be? seize or something? ill put it in the shed at weekend and redo it, are there special nuts to put on it?

monka

Member +
if its sucked in any crap or if something has got in there it may have, tighten those bolts up, check all the boost pipes and vacuum hoses, then take it for drive. hopefully, she'll boost