no boost

have no power car wont go over 4000 revs without backfiring and spluttering i changed the plugs and map sensor still the same..happened me b4 but cant think what da problem was..any input lad...cheers

corofin12345

Member +
diagnostics.jpg

i did a diagnostics and it puts out 3 quick flashes then pauses and a long flash.

the little boost needle in the clocks is up full when the car starts and when u switch it off the needle goes down..i no its sumting simple but cant think

any more imput lads cheers...

Ted

Member +
well if thats 31 could be map sensor- ecu not seeing any boost if its shot/bad connection- car will run lean ,not good

well if thats 31 could be map sensor- ecu not seeing any boost if its shot/bad connection- car will run lean ,not good

i changed the map sensor no difference.the thing i cant understand is why is the boost needle up fut the hole time?lost ur number ted wil u mail it 2 me and il ring ya..

TO82

Member +
i did a diagnostics and it puts out 3 quick flashes then pauses and a long flash.

the little boost needle in the clocks is up full when the car starts and when u switch it off the needle goes down..i no its sumting simple but cant think

any more imput lads cheers...

The stock boost guage will rise to + when the Map sensor isnt connected, so im guessing its either fuked or theres a wiring problem.

TO82

Member +
Well i would of thought so, but your saying youve swapped it? Maybe a problem with the wiring, is the map sensor u tried known to work?

Well i would of thought so, but your saying youve swapped it? Maybe a problem with the wiring, is the map sensor u tried known to work?

yes it is known 2 work..wel before the engine light came on the hole time when u plant the trottle the car used 2 like fuel cut the engine light came on also but the car wasnt fuelcutting..could it b a wire leads???

Ted

Member +
wiring problem with map sensor id say. would explain the erratic boost light. check for broken wires or dirty contacts, trace the wires back as far as you can to be sure. someone like weejohn could tell you what voltage/resistance should be in those wires

wiring problem with map sensor id say. would explain the erratic boost light. check for broken wires or dirty contacts, trace the wires back as far as you can to be sure. someone like weejohn could tell you what voltage/resistance should be in those wires

never checked for broken wires or the voltage..anyone no the readings??back 2 work now but if anybody has any more imput would be greatfull cheers lads