No engine light ???

Just done a headgasket on a Glanza now theres no engine light coming on @ ignition so the car wont start :( Tested all the fuses,all ok.Checked obvious earths,ok. Only thing out of the norm is the knock sensor has a bodge repair on the wiring. Would this cause the light not to come on or am i looking too far into things? The car started before i touched it,but cant remember if the light came on or not ( i would think it would) the car also has a Toad alarm on it, ive went through the book and it seems to be doing its job fine.
Surely not a coincedance (sp) that the bulb has went in the dash lol.

Anyone experianced this?

dac69er

Super Moderator
its a common thing for people to just remove the bulb rather than sorting a problem. my knock sensor was bodged on mine too ;)

it shouldnt stop the car working though!

Texx

Super Moderator
Sounds like the ECU isn't getting a battery live or possibly an earth, so the immobiliser could be the cause. The warning lamp is grounded by the ECU when it powers on, so my guess is the ECU isn't powering on.

Check for a battery live to the ECU with the ignition on, check for a +12v feed at pins 2 and 7 of the ECU 12pin connector with the connector disconnected.

Also to test the warning lamp works, short pins E1 and W in the diagnostic port with the ignition on.