No hot air from the blowers

Escy

Fresh Recruit
My car doesn't produce any hot air from the heater vents. I thought the heater matrix may have been bypassed but thats not the case as the hoses are still connected. If the matrix was shot i'd expect it to leak but it's not. Any ideas why there is no hot air?

Was thinking air lock but it looks like the radiator system self bleeds?

whiteglanzav

Member +
it could be ur thermostat mate mine did that wen the thermostat wasnt workin !!! just get it replaced and it will work. give me rep if u want :p :)

monka

Member +
does it heat up if you just sit still? ie, just sat on the drive, car revving at 2k, then gets cold when driving? if so, thermostat

Check that the control to move open and close the thing for hot air hasn't fallen off as mine did that. It's like a little rod underneath the dash around the heater area.

Craig_GT

Lifer
As said above mate,
check thermostat
heater matrix
rad cap
last resort could be head gasket failure.

Derek

Lifer
Is the car overheating? could be an air block in the rad. Id say most likely the thermo.

turboflow

Member +
check the rod connected to the heater control for hot to cold. my mates slipped out of line and the arm was not getting as far as the hot, just adjust it so that hot is in hot and cold is in cold
it hard to explain hope that was half understandable

I_<3_Boost

Member +
I may be wrong, but if I remeber someone I knew had a porblem with the matrix itself not actually producing any hot air, I may be wrong but theres a screw on the matrix and you can adjust it, to make it hotter.....
Ahhhhh..... I think I just explained what Turboflow said.

turboflow

Member +
I may be wrong, but if I remeber someone I knew had a porblem with the matrix itself not actually producing any hot air, I may be wrong but theres a screw on the matrix and you can adjust it, to make it hotter.....
Ahhhhh..... I think I just explained what Turboflow said.

yeah think were on the same tracks, its was pauls that had that problem but not sure what it looks like he just told me about it

lingl9z

Member +
Had the same problem on mine mate, changed the thermo, radcap then flushed the crap out of the heater matrix which semi-solved the prob as i'd get 'warm air' out the vents, then sold the car so never totally got that fixed.