No lights,abs and battery light turning on?????

ryanjfo

Member +
Last night while driving back into the city i lost my lights,,,,had to drive in the dark with fog lights...when i cliciked to low or full beam nothing happens also at this time the battery and abs lights came on but they went off again shortly after....hasnt happened before ,,,,really worried and need to know whats causing this..and is it something i can fix myself..?

clarkytrd

Member +
Last night while driving back into the city i lost my lights,,,,had to drive in the dark with fog lights...when i cliciked to low or full beam nothing happens also at this time the battery and abs lights came on but they went off again shortly after....hasnt happened before ,,,,really worried and need to know whats causing this..and is it something i can fix myself..?

is your alternator belt still there?? could of snapped off and your car could of been running on whatever power what was left in the battery.

now the alternator cant charge the battery due to no belt being there.

check it out, it happened me two weeks ago on my other car, in the pitch dark on really bad bends, had to push the bloody thing for miles!!

ryanjfo

Member +
is your alternator belt still there?? could of snapped off and your car could of been running on whatever power what was left in the battery.

now the alternator cant charge the battery due to no belt being there.

check it out, it happened me two weeks ago on my other car, in the pitch dark on really bad bends, had to push the bloody thing for miles!!

not the alternator belt,,,,what else could it be?

clarkytrd

Member +
checked all the fuses,they are fine....lights work on low setting but are very dim ,like their drained....full lights dont work at all.....belts are fine

is your alternator wrecked, check the power on it.

is there enough power to turn your starter??

Test your battery

clarkytrd

Member +
so your problem is, you've got no lights?? is that all?? no other problems??

maybe check the earth straps, see if there is any loose.

Texx

Super Moderator
Sounds like a poor earth connection, or possibly the headlamp relay contacts have burnt out causing a high resistance on that side of the circuit.