No moore acid......

Starlet

Member +
Hey!

My battery is kinda dead, It is out of acid..... Does any of u have any knowlege about this?

is it enoufh to just buy battery water and pour it to the top of the cells (5-10mm above) and recharge, or do i need acid to make it work again?

I think maby it will freeze...
because there is -20*C where i am using it:rockon:

Thx for any comments:)

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
it's just de ironised (spl) water mate, can buy it at any sorta car factors place, or prob best of to buy a brand new battery this time of year

Starlet

Member +
it's just de ironised (spl) water mate, can buy it at any sorta car factors place, or prob best of to buy a brand new battery this time of year

I already bought water, and put it in the battery and it is now charging, but do u think this will do the trick? or do i need a new one:p

cheers

toyobaz

Member +
acid is only used on a new empty battery to initialise a charge,
from then on de-ionised water should be used

toyobaz

Member +
So de-ionised water dosent freeze?

cheers

yes it does , much the same as tap water

but...when in a battery it is an electrolyte which is undergoing a chemical reaction ...blah...blah

as long as the battery has charge it will not freeze, well certainly any temperature a car might be able to access ! looking at around -100 degrees f

the less charge and the freezing point drops

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
put your meter on the battery and see what's the volts dropping to on cranking then with rev's up, might be lucky and get away with it, but i am the worse with batteries, i dont muck around any more and just buy new's one's