no spark :/ please help

matt walters

Member +
Right guys

just spent the last 3 months doing 5efte transplant on my v

come to start it up and got no spark.

There's earths everywhere. And even if i hold the plug on an earth still no spark.

Everythings plugged in were it should be etc.

I've tried 2 sets of leads and plugs so its.not that.

Just unsure of where to start looking.

Help repped as always :)

turbochris

Fresh Recruit
Sounds daft but is the coilpack tightened up against the bulkhead tight, I had the same problem the other day and this was the issue. Mine was a easy fix, hope the same goes for you to!

weeJohn

Lifer
Check the AM1 and AM2 fuses in the engine bay fuse box, one of them feeds power to the injectors and coilpack.

matt walters

Member +
Al fuses are ok mate

thought it could be the immobiliser but it seems to be coming on and off fine with alarm.

The fuel pumps not coming on either

could it be a joint fault or something separate?

Anything else to look for really starting to Fuck me off now :(

matt walters

Member +
Na no check engine light with ignition which i thought was odd :/ (bulb been removed?)

And it cranks over but no spark to make it fire

Texx

Super Moderator
Na no check engine light with ignition

Most likely the ECU isn't powering up, could be an earth fault (check the earth terminal is bolted to the inlet manifold) or it could be a +12v feed fault (double check the EFI fuse hasn't blown).

matt walters

Member +
Most likely the ECU isn't powering up, could be an earth fault (check the earth terminal is bolted to the inlet manifold) or it could be a +12v feed fault (double check the EFI fuse hasn't blown).

efi fuse all good

and does it need any earth to inlet mani or is there a specific one? I have a race inlet if that makes any difference?

J25GTi

Lifer
efi fuse all good

and does it need any earth to inlet mani or is there a specific one? I have a race inlet if that makes any difference?

there is 6 or 7 earths that attach to the end of the inlet manifold by the idle control valve, have you connected them somewhere else instead?