Not starting for the first time

starletsam

Member +
Hi all basically my car is in a unit locked up over winter and i went to start it the other day and it would not start.I have never had this before never had any problem with it not starting before its had a new battery a year or 2 back.
I go and start it a couple of times a week and let it get to operation temprature but went on friday and turned the key and it was just ticking and didnt sound at all like would start.tried it a couple of times and it werent having it at all so left it alone.
Very strange considering every single time i have gone to start it it just started instantly has always been mega reliable.any ideas?

dark_knight

Member +
my money's on a dead battery mate..
if you have some of those stay-alive electronics in the car like a stereo, sat-nav or even an alarm system that needs to be juiced up to 'remember' settings etc, it may have been slowly eating away at your battery over time until it got to the point where it couldn't crank any more.. do you get dash lights when you engage the key into the ON position..?

starletsam

Member +
Ok cheers guys I did think it was a flat battery the dash lights all come on.just have to give it a charge and see after cheers guys