Not sure on a few things, need help.

Daniel4589

Fresh Recruit
Right was just wondering if people could explain one or two things to me that im a little lost on, and give a bit of advice on tuning, i plan to buy a glanza very soon, maybe this week, as i still have my levin il be building the glanza slowly, but ive come to a few problems..

i want to do a TD04 turbo conversion on her, and dont understand what is needed to up the boost ?? like must i buy a 1.5 or 2 bar HKS actuater ? or how do i raise the boost ???

will most piggyback ecu's remove standard fuel cut ?

on an automatic car with turbo, what is ment by boost creep ?? seen that written on here just didnt know what it ment ??

what managment system should i go for ? emange ultimate, fcon, etc ??? or would you need me to list all the parts i plan on putting into the build to make your dissison ??

i have been searching and plan to buy most parts from speedvisoncps as they seem very well priced, il be forge building the hole engine, replacing every part with aftermarket where possible, machining the block and head, then plan is TD04 hybrid turbo, 550cc injectors, 265 degree camshafts, and all the other bits like manifold, down pipe, exhaust, FMIC, FPR, valve springs, TD04 rad, so on and so on... then some form of piggyback ecu to run it all...

so all info and thoughts are welcome, like if 550cc are to big please tell me, i wanna learn as well as have a great car. thanks.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Right was just wondering if people could explain one or two things to me that im a little lost on, and give a bit of advice on tuning, i plan to buy a glanza very soon, maybe this week, as i still have my levin il be building the glanza slowly, but ive come to a few problems..

i want to do a TD04 turbo conversion on her, and dont understand what is needed to up the boost ?? like must i buy a 1.5 or 2 bar HKS actuater ? or how do i raise the boost ???
You use some sort of boost controller.
Some of the higher spec standalone ecu's have theirs built in.
You could use an electronic boost controller (EBC)
You could use a manual boost controller (MBC)
You could to a degree use the actuator (unless your using an external wastegate,i'd advise this) to set the minimum boost,with just the actuator it would be your base boost
If you have externally wastegated manifold you can use the wasgate controller to set the boost,much the same as the actuator.

will most piggyback ecu's remove standard fuel cut ?
Generally yes.I think the old HKS F-con units dont.
on an automatic car with turbo, what is ment by boost creep ?? seen that written on here just didnt know what it ment ??
Search for boost creep,Toby did a good write up before been banned from the site.
In the basic,it happens with both manual and automatic btw,extra air,fuel are only some of the casues,a simply exhaust can cause it.If you set your maximum boost to 1bar of boost and near 5krpm the boost goes past 1bar,that is boost creep.
Boost Spike is usally when the turbo spools (low RPMs) and shoots up past the maximum boost,

what managment system should i go for ? emange ultimate, fcon, etc ??? or would you need me to list all the parts i plan on putting into the build to make your dissison ??
Plenty of threads,search for fuel management,depneds on your set up and needs and money.

i have been searching and plan to buy most parts from speedvisoncps as they seem very well priced, il be forge building the hole engine, replacing every part with aftermarket where possible, machining the block and head, then plan is TD04 hybrid turbo, 550cc injectors, 265 degree camshafts, and all the other bits like manifold, down pipe, exhaust, FMIC, FPR, valve springs, TD04 rad, so on and so on... then some form of piggyback ecu to run it all...

so all info and thoughts are welcome, like if 550cc are to big please tell me, i wanna learn as well as have a great car. thanks.
550cc's would be good for 1.5- 1.8 bar i think,more will know about this.

Your best bet is to look through the members garage area,it has a good few TD04 cars that are forged and the have their spec list up aswell.
For the sake of it ill give you some quick answers,if not full ones as they're is alot of variables.
See bold in your quote.

Daniel4589

Fresh Recruit
o right so i can just buy one of the HKS boost controllers and set it to whatever, alright sound.. i was gonna use an external wastegate to..

il go and search up some members cars and see what they did. thanks

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
o right so i can just buy one of the HKS boost controllers and set it to whatever, alright sound.. i was gonna use an external wastegate to..

il go and search up some members cars and see what they did. thanks

Simple answer yes,long answer no.

You need to have supporting mods to turnb your boost past a certain level.
It depends when your turbo stops making power,whether your engine can handle it and whether its mapped correctly.

No problem:)

If you put on a TD04L with it's own actuator, why would you buy a HKS actuator?

Emanage Blue and Ultimate will remove the boost cut (by clamping the MAP signal)

You would only get Boost Creep if you keep the CT9b and up the boost with free-flowing mods (intake exhaust etc). The TD04L wastegate will handle all the excess flow you will make.

I think the 550cc injectors may be a bit big.

Daniel4589

Fresh Recruit
If you put on a TD04L with it's own actuator, why would you buy a HKS actuator?

Emanage Blue and Ultimate will remove the boost cut (by clamping the MAP signal)

You would only get Boost Creep if you keep the CT9b and up the boost with free-flowing mods (intake exhaust etc). The TD04L wastegate will handle all the excess flow you will make.

I think the 550cc injectors may be a bit big.

i just thought that if ye can buy a 1.1 bar actuater for the ct9 that you would then buy one for whatever turbo you where running, but i get now that you just use the bosst controller.

what size injecters would you think ? cos on that site from like 330cc up there the same price...