Nur spec r, standard cat

cooz93

Member +
Just got a nur spec r and was wondering if I'll need any sort of aftermarket downpipe or will it fit fine on standard cat? Rep for help!

cooz93

Member +
Ye it's for the ep91. Just didn't want to take off the old exhuast to find I need a downpipe aswel. Cheers guys!

cooz93

Member +
Got it fitted today. All went well. But car seems to be boosting more than before. Nearly up to 1 bar when flat out. Any idea?

you freed up the back pressure on the turbo you should get a boost controller or hks actuator and set it to .8 to avoid fuel cutting which can cause engine damage

cooz93

Member +
So if I get an adjustable actuator It should solve it? I have a jam ecu aswel, thought that would stop fuel cut?

ah i see you should be fine so the jam ecu should remove the fuel cut i wouldnt worry about it boosting up to a bar but with the actuator you can set it the way you want it, the cat will cause a good bit of back pressure on the engine if you want to run high boost the whole time i would invest in a new mani and decat to help the engine breathe better theres a restricter in the standard mani can cause failure of cyclinder number 3