O/D OFF Light flashing ? what does this light mean ?

sparky87

Member +
hi all,when a bought the glanza the other day the O/D OFF light was flashing.
does the O/D = OVER DRIVE ?
and what does that mean ?
never came across this before.
cheers
ian

sparky87

Member +
no its manual.
must have been an auto before i take then ?
it does have auto clocks in it tho.
wasn't sure if thay clocks came in both manual and auto.
cheers
ian

chrisinflight

Fresh Recruit
On standard auto`s a flashing O/D light indicates a gearbox related fault such as faulty speed sensor or actual gearbox fault. Diagnostics would give you a gearbox fault code. If the box has been changed to manual like yours it`s possible some sensor plugs have not been used and these maybe sending a fault signal to the ECU. You could always remove the LED bulb behind the clock-cluster as the Over-drive dash light is for auto-boxes only.
chris

Paul_JJ

Member +
Well to be 100% sure if the car was converted - look under the VIN code under the bonnet it would say the Gearbox/Axle Number - put it on the forum _)
Chris is 100% right - as your car is manual you don't need to worry about it at all. The auto gearbox has a lot of sensors as well as separate ECU just for the gearbox so I assume not everything was remove during the conversion.

sparky87

Member +
hey sorry for the long reply.
yeah this is what i was thinking.
iv never herd of the over drive before now,all make sense now tho.
also never been in a glanza before i got this 1 so i didnt know if all the glanzas had the same clocks.
i'm going to take the bulb out,easy job thn no flashing or thinking about it lol

cheers for the response guys
can always count on you's for the answers
ian

i have an ep91 as well
we converted it from auto to manual
my O/D light blinks as well

i was told to remove the bulb from the cluster
i did the next best thing, i removed the cluster face plastic cover and put a piece of black electical tape over the "O/D light" area so i could not see it blinking
lolol
that was a few years ago, and its still in place
i also kept the automatic cluster in my car

hope that helps

sparky87

Member +
yeah cheers buddy.
i'll have a look at it when i open up the clocks,al probz pull the bulb out as i'm wanting to do somthing with the clocks to freshen them up/look a bit more modern.
cheers for the info.
ian

sparky87

Member +
sorry just seen that you had asked a question,no i havnt done anything with the light as yet.
now i know what it is its no bothering me.
i will however get onto it at some point (when i rework the dials) and remove the bulb :)