oem headgaset can handle

ktl

Member +
What power can the oem gasket can handle using low comp pistons........ At the month running 1bar on td04 but wanna up her to 1.4

danb87

South East England Area Rep
my standard headgasket had no faults, an hadn gone yet it was still causing me problems under boost where water was coming out of the overflow bottle, now i have replaced it with a athena gasket i have no problems atall. :)

billybob

Untrusted Seller
seems over here 1.4bar on a tdo4 has blown a few standerd headgaskets to bits ,could it be the tunning aspect of it mybe?:confused:

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
i have been running 300whp on mine at 1.8 bar. dont see why a td04 will do you any damage to it

His cr ratio & piston type would have to be taken into consideration though mate.. alot of members run flat top pistons, which could cause more stress on the hg.. but i do agree with u i ran 1.5~1.7bar on a td05 for a long time with the oem hg.. only thing is i was running dished pistons.. but otherwise if tuned well it can take a good beating :)

kon

nutta

Member +
well iv been using a standard headgasket on weisco 75mm pistons, running 1.1 bar with a BGA headgasket and it blew between the bores within 2-3 weeks??

Or are toyota ones better??

Ted

Member +
std headgasket will not take detonation well, everyone makes wee mistakes when setting up so for piece of mind i would get a better one.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
well iv been using a standard headgasket on weisco 75mm pistons, running 1.1 bar with a BGA headgasket and it blew between the bores within 2-3 weeks??

Or are toyota ones better??

BGA are good, but oem toyota seem to hold much better mate :)

Kon

Ted

Member +
std one will be fine IF youre tune is always good with no little incidents (overboosting, running lean) . my trd one has been good with lots of abuse and the odd turning the boost up too far by accident.

nutta

Member +
hmm ok, should i go down the Athena head gasket route or will a standard OEM one be fine?? want to run 1.4bar on a TD04.

sorry, but do the Athena headgaskets have to be on freshly skimmed head and block? and are they a perfect seal?

cheers

ktl

Member +
std one will be fine IF youre tune is always good with no little incidents (overboosting, running lean) . my trd one has been good with lots of abuse and the odd turning the boost up too far by accident.

i see yeh, nice one mate ch:beer:eers

blakchiney

Member +
His cr ratio & piston type would have to be taken into consideration though mate.. alot of members run flat top pistons, which could cause more stress on the hg.. but i do agree with u i ran 1.5~1.7bar on a td05 for a long time with the oem hg.. only thing is i was running dished pistons.. but otherwise if tuned well it can take a good beating :)

kon

he said he was running low comp..so i assumed he was using dished pistons.

i am aslo using dished pistons. but even then i dont see how a td04 will fail a oem headgasket even with flat top. pistons.

i made 300 with shaved 5e pistons and still had no problems but then again i am crazy. :haha:

i know a project which ran approximately 2.0bar and 300whp on the stock headgasket----in fact the complete head assembly was stock

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
so why are will dumping money into forged stuff and aftermarket headgaskets:haha::haha:

have to agree there lol , there is definitely something up if they can run that much power with no issues , have we not cracked the starlet tuning properly over here or are they just lucky ha ha

blakchiney

Member +
seems over here 1.4bar on a tdo4 has blown a few standerd headgaskets to bits ,could it be the tunning aspect of it mybe?:confused:

bwoy i dont really see whats so spectacular about the tuning we do down here. most of what we tune is just fuel maps. we like to keep them in the low 11's.

probably the problem lies in the engine builder and not the tuner..........

probably its best i not tell you guys what is being down with stock parts as you all might blow the engine to bits. my engine builder has his own specs when it comes to building his engine and his costomers engines. and he doesnt give up that information so as to preserve his edge over competitors.

best you guys just buy the fancy aftermarket stuff. even i am sometimes shocked with the shit we get away with down here. lol. these parts were meant for 100 hp to the wheels and here we are making three times that amount and still havent changed them. toyota is king :rockon: