OEM lsd gearbox

Gtstu

Member +
Has any one rebuild the lsd bit of the box the lsd side is leaking and its not the driveshaft seal its the outer bit of that it spins inside the outer case bit i need the part number of the bit that spind i think its a bearing by the looks of it.

finx

Member +
The LSD part of the gearbox is a viscous coupling that is connected to a cv shaft that is input into the diff which is the same as any open wheeler gearbox.

the leak can either be caused by the viscous coupling which is not repareable you will have to order a new coupling.
or from the gearbox output shaft seal which sits under the LSD unit in the place of your regular axle seal on a open diff box.

part number for the output shaft seal is 90311-50015 (i have one sitting right in front of me as it so happends.

the seal you see on the outside of the LSD casing is just a dust seal.

cheers
ryan

LukeEP82

Member +
sorry to change the subject but has anyone heard of an auto LSD gearbox. I emailed a braker he said he had two?

WhiteKitted

Fresh Recruit
The LSD part of the gearbox is a viscous coupling that is connected to a cv shaft that is input into the diff which is the same as any open wheeler gearbox.

the leak can either be caused by the viscous coupling which is not repareable you will have to order a new coupling.
or from the gearbox output shaft seal which sits under the LSD unit in the place of your regular axle seal on a open diff box.

part number for the output shaft seal is 90311-50015 (i have one sitting right in front of me as it so happends.

the seal you see on the outside of the LSD casing is just a dust seal.

cheers
ryan

hey mate i have a similiar problem, but im somewhere where i do not have acces to to just telling a broker the parts numbers, do u know what size the seal is? or if its replacable with any other car seal? and i would like to know if the LSD side seal is the same as a non LSD side seal? thanks in advanced.