oil catch can pipe lay out

monka

Member +
most people on the forum have the oil catch cans routed so that the pipe goes from the rocker cover to the can with a breather filter on it,

but does it make any difference if instead of the breather filter it went back to the efi pipe?

dac69er

Super Moderator
in theory it would use the vacuum in the efi pipe to pull the fumes from the cam cover through to the can and then to the efi pipe. any heavy deposits (oil) would stay in the can itself. its probably the best way to use it i would say. keeps the oil out of the inlet.

monka

Member +
so the 2nd way then, i just see so many people just running it to a breather and not back to the pipe,

dac69er

Super Moderator
im just going to the can itslef. just blocked the other hole for now. i have a fmik though so unless i attatch a stub it wont be happening

Mart

Member +
I tried ot run it back in mate but got blue smoking issues when I did it. My can didn't have a breather set-up on it. So I disconnected it on the return pipe and cut it short and added a breather to it and it stopped the smoke problem... Was the only way my can would work.