oil coming from rocker breather, getting worried

anyone able to help, theres seems to be alot of oil coming from the breather on the rocker, am gettin worried incase its summit bad, sumone help plz. rep awarded :)

i had this fucked piston or piston rings gone mate.

same verdict kept comming back for me i tried all sorts hoping it wasnt but i recon it will be sorry to say u need a rebuild i recon

Fatman

Member +
Not necessarily ringland damage doesnt always show up on a compression test.

That might be the case when the damage isn't extensive, however in my experience when a piston goes on an E series it's pretty much immediately obvious when compression tested.

If you're getting a significant amount through the breather it's highly likely that you've cracked a piston or two. Compression test is the first thing I'd do (and easiest)

Post back with the results

if the piston was cracked would that not hinder the performance..... car is goin fine just oil. checked the pcv its fine.... could it not be a breather elsewhere that could be puttin pressure to the head??

durmz

Member +
i get a little bit through mine, tm-developments just said the engine was breaving alot where it was old, its been like it for like a year and the cars still fine

corofin12345

Member +
have u checked the oil could b over full.. wen oil gets used over time it looses its vicousity and can come out anywhere its not sealed propperly.. what breather u on about.. the one on top of the rocker ya...?