Oil filter housing banjo new seal and washer still leaking!?

George611

Member +
:confused:

right guys i had an oil leak from the oil filter housing banjo bolt must have been leaking past the o'ring on the bolt so i replaced the oring and the washer on the bolt wacked it all back together and its still leaking!? what do you reckon could be the problem? the housing is tight to the block with paper gasket in tackt, really cant see why its leaking the old oring that came off wasnt split or anything either.

ep91steve

Member +
:confused:

right guys i had an oil leak from the oil filter housing banjo bolt must have been leaking past the o'ring on the bolt so i replaced the oring and the washer on the bolt wacked it all back together and its still leaking!? what do you reckon could be the problem? the housing is tight to the block with paper gasket in tackt, really cant see why its leaking the old oring that came off wasnt split or anything either.

Try tighten a wee bit more all bolt, is the threads ok in housing had the same prob twice my self

George611

Member +
Right i whipped it back out again and found the problem......a peice of rubber from the old washer was stuck on the bolt flange and oil was leaking between the new washer and that :) so cleaned up little bit of sealant too and jobs a gooden :)