Oil Filter Housing

Toddi

Member +
Hey guys got a bit of a problem.

Was changing a mani gasket on my car today and had to take the oil return pipe out of its housing.

When i tightened it back up i over tightened it and have been told not to re-tap it as its oil pressure.

Just want to know if anyone else has had this problem, what did they do and can i get this housing from toyota and if anyone has a part number for it. Heres a pic, any help is much appreciated.

GetAttachment.jpg

danturbo4311

Member +
depends how badly damaged the thread is should be able to get away with tapping it or using a heli-coil, when i damaged mine a little while ago i got away with just sticking some pvc tape around the banjo bolt & did it up tight lasted well over 3 months in the end i changed the oil filter housing when i changed turbo as i had a spare anyway.

GTWorld

Member +
Hey guys got a bit of a problem.

Was changing a mani gasket on my car today and had to take the oil return pipe out of its housing.

When i tightened it back up i over tightened it and have been told not to re-tap it as its oil pressure.

Just want to know if anyone else has had this problem, what did they do and can i get this housing from toyota and if anyone has a part number for it. Heres a pic, any help is much appreciated.

GetAttachment.jpg

Right i had the same problem on mine and all i done was changed the washers over and kept tightening it till it stop leaking oil haven't had any problems since