oil in inlet manifold!!

ktl

Member +
Turboflow aka Owen nd his mrs Shakira aka Shaq-gt off this site is building my forge engine at the moment. He has just stripped my old engine out and noticed a puddle of oil in the inlet manifold in 3 out of 4 runners.

My headgasket had gone as it was pressurising and chucking coolant out of the expansion and did a sniffer test.

He also found 1-2mm shaft play up nd down on my Tong Turbo hybrid which i'v only had since september.

There is no oil from the DV or the intercooler piping or the inlet of the manifold (which the intercooler pipe connects to)

Can anyone shed some light ??

Last edited:

turboflow

Member +
the pcv valve is a one one vlave right so i should be able to test it by sucking on it and blowing in it or it it not that simple

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
the pcv valve is a one one vlave right so i should be able to test it by sucking on it and blowing in it or it it not that simple

i did try mine like that and seem to be fine and in perfectly working order.. but stil i found some oil in the inlet mani.. so now i blocked it ! im sure it was the PCV on MINE as i didnt find any oil in intercooler etc

350ep70gr

Member +
It is that simple. The problem with the pal above is probably a blown engine and exessive oil passing in the inlet manifold when engine is on vaccum i believe.

Chris

350ep70gr

Member +
i did try mine like that and seem to be fine and in perfectly working order.. but stil i found some oil in the inlet mani.. so now i blocked it ! im sure it was the PCV on MINE as i didnt find any oil in intercooler etc

What exactly you block sheldon? I believe you mean the intake port of the mani..where the pcv hose attached to.

Chris

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
It is that simple. The problem with the pal above is probably a blown engine and exessive oil passing in the inlet manifold when engine is on vaccum i believe.

Chris

probably.. and as you said a rebuilt will solve this issue probably.. so if he keeps on going with his forged build he should be fine shouldnt he? :)

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
What exactly you block sheldon? I believe you mean the intake port of the mani..where the pcv hose attached to.

Chris

yep sorry didnt make myself clear! i blocked the inlet mani part and changed from the one way valve (PCV) to an open one with a catch can...

as even with the pcv valve attached going to the catchcan and then to the inlet mani still ahd some small traces of oil..

350ep70gr

Member +
probably.. and as you said a rebuilt will solve this issue probably.. so if he keeps on going with his forged build he should be fine shouldnt he? :)

Yea i believe he should be fine after refreshing the engine. It is normal to have a very small amount of oil cause the air coming from the inside of the engine includes oil particles. Exeesive oil tho and fumes when hot means rings or generally worn engine internals.

Chris