oil leak again ..

welshowz

Member +
hey guys. right i've noticed theres oil being sprayed onto the drivers side wheel from inside. theres also a light film of oil around the arch liner.havent had a chance to have a good look yet but just wondering if anyones got an idea of what it might be or if they've had the same problem before??

mickyboy

Member +
Have you had a look to see if your cv boot is ok? i,e split ect...it could be grease comeing out of the boot then spraing onto your wheel

welshowz

Member +
cv joints were replaced not so long ago and its not the same kinda grease it was throwing about when they went. gonna have to have a good look i think it hasnt lost much oil tbh well going by the dipstick..

welshowz

Member +
bump anyone else got any ideas? someone else must of had this before lol gonna be jacking it up and having a good look tomoz so any ideas would be good :D

dac69er

Super Moderator
probably is the cv boot. some of the cheaper boots can split very quickly. one on mine lasted 3 months before it split. got some better quality ones and they were fine ever since.

welshowz

Member +
right little update.. got the car up on axle stands today to have a good look to see if i could see where it was leaking from. cv boot was in perfect condition defo not that sadly. although the sump was soaking with oil, the power steering belt, the brake caliper, the wishbone and various other bits lol. wiped it all clean started the car but no trace of any leak after leaving it run for 10 mins or so. also checked the oil and it has dropped to about half way down the dip stick so its defo losing oil now. anyone got any ideas?

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
right little update.. got the car up on axle stands today to have a good look to see if i could see where it was leaking from. cv boot was in perfect condition defo not that sadly. although the sump was soaking with oil, the power steering belt, the brake caliper, the wishbone and various other bits lol. wiped it all clean started the car but no trace of any leak after leaving it run for 10 mins or so. also checked the oil and it has dropped to about half way down the dip stick so its defo losing oil now. anyone got any ideas?

if its the crank seal i have a new one here anyway cost me nearly 50 euro last year never used it , you can take it away if ya need it :):)

Matt Glanza

Member +
or the sump.you will only tell really after the engine has been underload.thats when mine would leak.you need to get the timing belt covers off and have a proper gander at it then

welshowz

Member +
if its the crank seal i have a new one here anyway cost me nearly 50 euro last year never used it , you can take it away if ya need it :):)

cheers dude much appreciated :) i'll send you a pm now. am i right in thinking the leaks behind the cambelt cover? sorry to be a retard lol hence why i cant see the oil leak itself?

weeJohn

Lifer
It maybe only leaks when you are turning left, forcing oil to the right side of the engine and putting more pressure on the seals.

Top it up and do a few circles anticlockwise.