oil leak from filter

fred

Member +
right just finished my re build, put it all in and start it up and i have a small oil leak from the oil filter (like a couple of drops) then a slightly large leak coming from where the oil filter attachment screws into the block. You know the one with 3 studs and a big bolt in the middle.

The gasket is new behind this, the studs are tight and the big bolt is tight. Have i missed a gasket out from behind the big bolt?

Also why is it leaking from behind the filter? I was on the understanding that you do the filter up tight with your hands and it should seal?!

Ta

Shorty

Member +
will be the oil feed to turbo bud (on the block near the oil filter plate), you wan get a washer either side of the feed line and do the bolt up tight other wise it dribles down and drops from wher your on about. took me ages to trace it though it was coming from the same place as you said lol.

Shorty

Member +
no, hand tight is fine. just check the old seal cmae off with the old filter as somtimes they stick, smear some fresh oil round the seal of the new filter and do up hand tight. tool is for removal.

fred

Member +
fixed it now, it was the plug in the side of the oil filter plate. Its hidden behind the PAS tensioner mount. All good now, just done 5 miles and 1st oil change in a min :)

thanks guys