Oil Leak

Scooby

Member +
Right folks, yesterday noticed quite a bit of oil sitting under the car

Jacked it up and checked the oil return pipe, its fine, no cracks and tight.

The oil leak seems to be dripping from slightly higher up than the oil return pipe, im thinkin turbo has shite itself ??

No oil in exhaust and not smoking any more than usual at the minute. No oil in intake pipe from turbo to filter either, didnt get time to check FMIC piping as it started to piss it down

It leaked a full fill of oil out in 2-3 hours.

Any ideas ??

Scooby

Member +
Ahhh forgot to check the feed pipe... will give that a check tomorrow and see what its like, cheers mate. Will that cause such a rapid oil leak tho ??

I had the same problem screwed the oil feed pipe of did not notice anything wrong so put some gasket seal on and has been fine since

corofin12345

Member +
there is 2 copper washers there and can wear out.. loosen the banjo bolt and turn the washers a bit and tighten up and yes alot of oil can come out there.. i had same problem and just turned the copper washers and tightend it up and its still still goin strong.. just be very carefull with the pipe itself.. it can break

Last edited:

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
well looks like u will have to spend the weekend at mine scooby and we will get her sorted. Have to start charging u for a parking space lol. Dnt forget to buy more oil!

Fro

Member +
My oil feed had a tiny crack in it, hardly visable but boy did it piss out oil FAST!! Braided feed ftw!

Scooby

Member +
Right folks, took the turbo off ealier, checked the oil feed pipe, no cracks in the pipe itself that we could see, but fresh oil in round the nuts, couldnt see anywhere else where oil could be coming from, sump looks sealed 100% -

498488625a12409920409l.jpg

corofin12345

Member +
Right folks, took the turbo off ealier, checked the oil feed pipe, no cracks in the pipe itself that we could see, but fresh oil in round the nuts, couldnt see anywhere else where oil could be coming from, sump looks sealed 100% -

498488625a12409920409l.jpg

was there any oil around the banjo bolt area...

Paul-GlzV

Member +
wat abut the gasket between feeds an turbo mine shit be4 an fucked out shit loads of oil. there abut £2 outta toyota only way you know tho for def is fit turbo back in start it an stick you head under for a look?

Scooby

Member +
wat abut the gasket between feeds an turbo mine shit be4 an fucked out shit loads of oil. there abut £2 outta toyota only way you know tho for def is fit turbo back in start it an stick you head under for a look?

We didnt get a chance to check them was midnight time we got aircon pump out and then the turbo off, altho I think thats the poblem

corofin12345

Member +
We didnt get a chance to check them was midnight time we got aircon pump out and then the turbo off, altho I think thats the poblem

as paul said so mate.. new gasket and 2 be on the safe side change the copper washers on the banjo bolt aswell:)

corofin12345

Member +
no bother...well hopefully thats the problem anyway.. no harm replacing them anyway now that its off.. let us know how you get on..:)