oil leakage!! Not sure which pipe...

Gucci

Fresh Recruit
Yeah I've got an oil leak

Taken a look and it could be one of two pipes, my first thought is a black one from my turbo to sump (oil return pipe)

BUT it might be a thin silver metal one which is just above it on the side of my turbo as well literally just above the black one? I know a bit about cars but I'm not to great with turbo'd cars as yet. What is this pipe called?
Cheers

daz gt

Member +
itl be the turbo oil feed mate, mine did the same. are you running a different mani or decat? because if its not braced very well then the extra movment causes the pipe to fracture

thats the oil feed pipe comes off the engine behind the power steering pump that shudnt leak unless its not been properly assembled if its had a replacement turbo fitted

Gucci

Fresh Recruit
yeah it's had a hybrid turbo and has a custom stainless steel mani and decat so guess the unbraided pipe has just had enough then :/

Luckily I noticed before it chucked all the oil out so shouldn't of caused anymore damage, are these cheap to replace and where would stock this pipe? does it need to be car specific or will and same diameter braided pipe do?

Paul_JJ

Member +
Didn't want to start a new thread, mine isn't leaking but I thought it wouldn't harm to get a braided one! Do I need just 1 line or 2 lines - I would've thought there is an oil return pipe as well? and I know one guys is selling it for the TD04 would they fit on CT9???

daz gt

Member +
Didn't want to start a new thread, mine isn't leaking but I thought it wouldn't harm to get a braided one! Do I need just 1 line or 2 lines - I would've thought there is an oil return pipe as well? and I know one guys is selling it for the TD04 would they fit on CT9???

its just 1 braided line for the oil feed, the oil return has a rubber hose witch takes the flex, ricky at race tech sells then for the ct9, the tdo4 1 wont fit.

daz gt

Member +
its on the bottom of the turbo mate, theres 2 pipe, 1 goes to the sump and the other to the oil filter housing.

Gucci

Fresh Recruit
thanks Daz it's all been sorted now, was the oil feed pipe, I've had a custom stainless steel braided hose made up for it and it's sweet as a nut now :)

Thanks tho mate!!

Gucci

Fresh Recruit
Nah had one made myself by a firm in Portsmouth called Pirtec, they took my old pipe and manufactured one that day on site buddy