oil light and gauge reading

Fez

Member +
Guys, I replaced my o2 sensor last evening and on the drive home after a bit of boosting the oil warning light came on. Stopped and checked for any leaks etc and found none. Oil levels were perfect too.
I later found that there are two wires leading from the oil pressure sensor. One of these were earthed to the clutch pump. The wire here was exposed and I thought this mau have been the cause. I replaaced this with a new wire and when I fired her up, the aftermarket oil pressure gauge was reading "0".
What should I do next?
And also, the oil warning light never came on pre ignition. Could this mean a shot sensor?

Fez

Member +
Removed the wire and refitted at a slight different angle as previously it was not sitting snug. Still the oil light comes on after boost. Goes away almost immediately once I start cruising at around 2500 revs. Bit stumped with what could be going on :(

Fez

Member +
Have you an aftermarket gauge and sender in there now
Yes Aidan.. the sender has two connectors. One goes to the engine side and I assume to the gauge and also this feeds the dash bulb? and the second one is earthed to the clutch pump just there

Fez

Member +
The connector circled in red goes towards the firewall side and the green is where it is earthed

Fez

Member +
Going to get the sender replaced tomorrow. Hopefully this should be the solution. Praying its not the oil pump :)

Fez

Member +
Here's an update. To summarize what happened it was the result of complicated wiring by a previous owner when they fitted the oil pressure gauge. The wires leading the sender, o2 sensor and EGT temp sensor were all mixed up. Through a painstaking process of elimination managed to pin point which wire from the engine side should go where.
Issue sorted now and car is running smooth :)