Oil light on cranking

monka

Member +
just started my car for first time in 3 months so took the coil off so get some oil round, is the oil light sposed to go out while cranking, how long should it take before it goes out?

Gee

Member +
Have you actually turned the car over it and started it, or are you just circulating oil?

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
it should do, not immediatly, but it should do.

after we rebuilt or whenever i do an oil change i pull all the spark plugs out and crank the engine over (with the injectors discconnected too) for 5 second bursts, usually i get oil pressure during 7-10 seconds in.

Toyota T23

Member +
it should do, not immediatly, but it should do.

after we rebuilt or whenever i do an oil change i pull all the spark plugs out and crank the engine over (with the injectors discconnected too) for 5 second bursts, usually i get oil pressure during 7-10 seconds in.

Yep

TurboDave

Member +
With the coil lead off, plugs and injectors still in I have never had the oil light go out on the dash while cranking.

weeJohn

Lifer
You should get it quickly, but I have seen it take about 20 seconds.

Remove the king lead, pull the injector plugs off and crank it with the throttle fully open. Take the plugs out if the batery is not very strong.

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
oil light should go out, keep cranking it and might take awhile sometimes, once it goes out you should be good to start up mate.

monka

Member +
well i cranked for about 10 seconds and it didnt go out, and then started it and its all good, sounded quiter than before, lol. but then i couldnt do the compression test because i couldnt find my spark plug socket, i got one at work but couldnt find my other one.