Oil Light Problem?

RosscoMann

Member +
Recently Had a new engine put in my glanza. has been serviced and that aswell.
A Week Later My Oil Light Starts to flicker. when aye come to a stop and leave the engine running thats when it happens. The Light flickers away untill aye turn the steering then goes off and comes bk on agian :confused: didnt think id need engine oil after a week from it been filled up lol any1 had this problem?

RosscoMann

Member +
it idles really low sometimes think its away to cut out never does though. as soon as the steering is turned or any revs are giving its goes of.

not had time to check oil level but would a new engine burn oil very rapidly?

MentaLEP91

Member +
its not burning oil issue. its just the low Idle revs make low oil pressure and tada, the oil light comes flickering on. just to be sure, check the oil level thou.

is your idle constantly low or it just drops from time to time? if its allways low, try adjusting it from the idle screw located on the intake manifold.

Rory

Lifer
Check the oil leval to start with.
If thats ok, check the pressure switch connection, its behind the down pipe on the block.
But if your idle is lower than 750rpm, i would whip it up a tad.

Easy to do all the above

corofin12345

Member +
what rpm is your car idling at..?? as rory said if your car is idling lower than 750rpm your oil light will flicker on cause of low oil pressuse

chinesemafia

Member +
this same issue seem to come up in lots ot threads and no one seems to have an explaination for it

i have the exact same issue and iv added oil changed switch still the same thing happens

weeJohn

Lifer
It takes 30 seconds to check the oil level, why not check it every week?

Any engine should not burn so much oil it needs to be topped up every week, but if you have distrubed things that hold oil in, or even in normal conditions, oil can leak out.

IF THE OIL LIGHT EVER FLICKS ON, CHECK YOUR OIL LEVEL ASAP!!

Its the life blood of the engine, not worth taking chances on. It does sound like your low idle speed might be causing it but why take the chance?