oil light.

Gary88

Fresh Recruit
Hi guys. I am a bit embarrassed about what I have done. I left the dipstick out last time I was topping up oil. Yesterday I was beginning my journey to work when the oil warning light came on for like a millisecond. I stopped immediately and opened the bonnet.to find dipstick lying in engine bay and oil splattered where the tube is. I poured what oil I had in (around a pint )and drove a very short distance to petrol station and bought Castro gtx and filled it to correct level. The car feels exactly as it always has and no different. I have also had oil changed last night. I am still worried I may have caused damage.
My Glanza is standard.
Would appreciate some advice cheers.

STARLET N/A

Member +
it shouldn't have done any damage as your were not thrashing it with low oil.

if the engine still sounds and drives the same then you will be fine. just keep checking oil level on a flat surface every week for the next month, just to make sure everything is fine.

davehart

Member +
I very dought you've done any damage apart from a bit of an oily mess in the engine bay. The light will have come on to indicate a low oil level which is not surprising with the dipstick out and it all splashing everywhere.

No damage done I'd say, just a reminder to not forget to put the stick back in :)

Iain@CRD

Lifer
If the engines not giving off any abnormal noises when going up through the rev's that considor that a very lucky lesson :). Fact its only flicked on and down to your quick reactions that prevented any lasting damage.

Gary88

Fresh Recruit
Thanks guys just needed a couple of opinions to put my mind at ease. I hadn't been thrashing it for a few days anyway.