Oil On plugs

Sean_GT

Member +
I have recently noticed by Engine Managment light comming on when i am driving sometimes. When the light comes on i seem to lose allot of power, i have also noticed the car has a missfire.

I took the plugs out to investigate and noticed 3 are covered in oil.

I have read its a possible sign of gasket failure, worn vales or worn piston rings as a worst case scenario.

Is there anything more simpler it could be?

Or is it a case of me doing a compression test and seeing the bad news:(

kieran.s gt

Member +
well do a compression test to be sure but there is seal on the rocker cover for each plug hole and if the seal is worn it will leak oil into the plug
was the oil on the threaded part of the plug or on the top part the white bit

Sean_GT

Member +
well do a compression test to be sure but there is seal on the rocker cover for each plug hole and if the seal is worn it will leak oil into the plug
was the oil on the threaded part of the plug or on the top part the white bit

It was just on the threaded part. Are you on about the spark plug well gaskets? I thought they were all seperate though, its very unlikely 3 of the seals will go at the same time though isnt it?

kieran.s gt

Member +
It was just on the threaded part. Are you on about the spark plug well gaskets? I thought they were all seperate though, its very unlikely 3 of the seals will go at the same time though isnt it?

read it wrong thaught it said no 3 was covered in oil
time for a compression test

Sean_GT

Member +
not a good sign if there covered in oil and you have a misfire:(

do a compresion test,but fear the worst

Oh i do mate i got rid of my GT in hope that this was not going to cost me as much money and its far worse than what the GT ever was:(