Oil out of dumpvalve?

widdo

Member +
just opened my bonnet to see this, looks like oil coming out my dumpvalve. it did it before i fitted actuator and fcd, but does it loads more now boost is up, (now turned down again)

help?

cheers

Photo-0006.jpg

GTti

Member +
There is a breather going into the standard recirculation valve from the rocker cover. You will always get some vapour being inducted into the engine but that looks quite excessive, I assume this has built up over time.

If not it's probably the seals perishing on the intake side of your turbo. Check inside your intercooler and surrounding hoses.

widdo

Member +
there is some on the hoses on the intercooler. its taken about 100miles to build that up, fair enough i have been giving it some stick but it cant be right.

it did it before i turned boost up. but hardly this much??

widdo

Member +
wondered why the turbo was cheap.. just been out for a drive, running 0.4bar. still feels like its trying to pull but cant, like loads of turbo lag.

widdo

Member +
i fitted a hks actuator and hks fcd. as i havnt got an uprated fuel pump or fpr i turned it down to 0.4

Adam_Glanza

Member +
well fuel cut is about .8 bar mate so youll be ok till then.

have you still got the old breather pipe plugged into the engine? i no people take them off and put filters on etc but i think thats silly i left my old recirc on and just disconnected it and its been fine ever since! do you still have yours on?

widdo

Member +
im not sure what u mean like but... on mine the breather pipe comes off to the recirc, which obv has nothing connected to it. is that ok?

i turned the fcd round to norm. and it now runs fine. just the oil thing is putting me off. if i dont thrash it, hardly any comes out.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Mine does this too. I asked ages ago why and no one could decide between funked pistons or knackered turbo. Well now my turbo makes ticking sounds as it spools up so I reckon its the turbo. Luckily my hybrid arrived today! :D A knackered turbo makes sense, if the oil seals are gone then the bov will blow out the oil thats leaked.

widdo

Member +
ragz--- if u read this can u plz be honest and tell me if u sold me a shit turbo?? no offence will be given but it will make it easier for me to fix the problem.