Oil pressure sensor for gauge? easiest way?

Tobz91

Member +
As above whats the easiest way for me to hook up my oil pressure sensor for my gauge?

I have had a look but to no avail on here.

Thanks!

Josh-G-tt

Member +
buy a sandwich plate adaptor mate, goes between your engine and oil filter, has ports for the sensor, just need to no the right size, mostly 1/8npt, hope this helps :)

Tobz91

Member +

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Scooby has an oil psi gauge fitted in his glanza but was lookin and there was no plate fitted in with the oil filter so i reckon his is done with std pressure switch. Will have a look when hes over cause i need to fit mine aswell

Tobz91

Member +
Scooby has an oil psi gauge fitted in his glanza but was lookin and there was no plate fitted in with the oil filter so i reckon his is done with std pressure switch. Will have a look when hes over cause i need to fit mine aswell

I've read on some random forums of people a. doing this or b. replacing the standard one with the gauge one?

Please keep my informed :) :)

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.

Tobz91

Member +
Does this just do the same job as the sandwich plate adaptor then? How does it replace it?

by the looks of things yeah. Just add a tee peice like you would a boost hose for your gauge and add the gauge's oil presssure sesnsor in.

Texx

Super Moderator
If you use a T piece, don't fit a cheap one, some have a tendency to crack and snap off. As you can imagine it won't do the engine any favours and could result in an expensive repair.

Another option would be to run a braided line from the pressure switch port on the engine block to a distribution block mounted to the chassis, you can then connect the pressure switch and sender to the distribution block.