OIL Presure line / 1/8 NPT ?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
So i got myself an autometer oil presure guage (mechanical) cos i dont trust much electrical ones...

my question is... starlets use 1/8 NPT??

and the one i got has a plastic line from block to guage... are there any braided lines for this? as i dont want that it melts or cracks :S

heres a pic

AM-4321_large.jpg

its not shitty stuff like they use in aquariums...

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
cheers. i will buy a guage adaptor should work fine as i have no sender cos the guage is mechanical.

i was thinking in using this link and pass thrue it the oil line... would look good and be protected against heat. what do you guys think?

Big_Daddy

Member +
cheers. i will buy a guage adaptor should work fine as i have no sender cos the guage is mechanical.

i was thinking in using this link and pass thrue it the oil line... would look good and be protected against heat. what do you guys think?

Doesnt the gauge come with metal copper piping?

If you want pic of how i done it let me know :)

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Doesnt the gauge come with metal copper piping?

If you want pic of how i done it let me know :)

metal copper piping? comes with the stuff that is shown in the pic mate.

would be great if you can put some pics up. thanks mate

danturbo4311

Member +
I got one of those adaptors what i found was that you need to mount it so that it is earthed as when i first mounted it wasnt earthed properly & my oil light wasnt working & when it did work it was dim.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
No, its Tim gauge.

It comes with copper piping, its quite flexible but dosnt expand so the gauge is way more accurate.

the piping i have is hard so im sure it will not expand. im sure it will be fine for heat etc.. but im gonna buy that brake line and pass the one i got thru it.. should look and work good :)

thanks mate. rep

Big_Daddy

Member +
the piping i have is hard so im sure it will not expand. im sure it will be fine for heat etc.. but im gonna buy that brake line and pass the one i got thru it.. should look and work good :)

thanks mate. rep

As long its not touching the cat/decat, should be ok;)

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
how many meteres did you use of cooper line?? autometer supplis 3meters im sure i will not be using 3 metres lol!

im asking so i know how many metres of braided line i should buy

Big_Daddy

Member +
how many meteres did you use of cooper line?? autometer supplis 3meters im sure i will not be using 3 metres lol!

im asking so i know how many metres of braided line i should buy

well mines i coudlnt realy chop off as the edges had screw caps on eath side, so 1 side screws on gauge and other on the adpater thing.
My gauge is located in the centre console, 3 meter way more than enough, think mine around 2 meters:rolleyes: