OMG My car its hitting rev limiter early heeellp:(:(

luimivrs

Member +
hey guys i dont know what the hell is happening today i accelerate to see where the car hit the rev limiter and it did i first a 5800 Rpm then 5600
rpm what the hell can it be?? its was on neutral its making really hot heere where i live can i be the temp ?? or something my setup its this ct9a @ 10 psi, fuel pressure regulator , uprated manifold and downpipe 2.5 to the back relocation air filter , fmi .. help what can it be?? thankz in advance

KING-EP82

Member +
hey guys i dont know what the hell is happening today i accelerate to see where the car hit the rev limiter and it did i first a 5800 Rpm then 5600
rpm what the hell can it be?? its was on neutral its making really hot heere where i live can i be the temp ?? or something my setup its this ct9a @ 10 psi, fuel pressure regulator , uprated manifold and downpipe 2.5 to the back relocation air filter , fmi .. help what can it be?? thankz in advance

there are 3 things that could be affecting the lower rev limit:
1) aftermarket ignition systems, mainly MSD ones, have a "soft" rev limit
2) ECU modifications- if the ECU has been modified, the REV limit could have been lowered, or it could be using a different car/engine's ECU
3) The wrong person has been messing with the Timing/Fuel maps- if you have a piggyback controller (APEX`i VACF, etc), reset it, and ensure that its set to 4 cyl; otherwise, you might want to check the timing belt for signs of "modification"

also check your oil is right

J25GTi

Lifer
there are 3 things that could be affecting the lower rev limit:
1) aftermarket ignition systems, mainly MSD ones, have a "soft" rev limit
2) ECU modifications- if the ECU has been modified, the REV limit could have been lowered, or it could be using a different car/engine's ECU
3) The wrong person has been messing with the Timing/Fuel maps- if you have a piggyback controller (APEX`i VACF, etc), reset it, and ensure that its set to 4 cyl; otherwise, you might want to check the timing belt for signs of "modification"

also check your oil is right

Good info, but not really what he is looking for I don't think...

Fuel cut should be the culprit, have you got an fcd? If not I imagine that's it

durmz

Member +
Im sure it isnt fuel cut, the car should not see positive boost in nuetral, so i think u could ruke out fuel cut and boost creep

Ben89

Lifer
Don't think it's creep/fuel cut, I would be inclined to say it may be something like your revving it on the spot and there being no load on the engine it's limiting early? maybe it's detecting det and pulling your timing back? Also may be a plug or something that's broken down?
Take it out put it third and from like 30mph floor it up to the limiter and see where it's limiting out!
Let us know how you get on!

Are you saying the car was in neutral when you did it? It's probably got nothing to do with boost creep as the turbo isn't under any load, like a few otehr people have said.

Done anything with your timing lately? I'd put money on it being out. Had the same problem with my car, was out 5 degrees.

luimivrs

Member +
hey guys i dont think it is boost creep or fuel cut i just running 10 psi and the boost never past that mark ...also the timing had been never touched its a new proyect and the engine its almost stock .. when i dyno it a few weeks ago on 3 gear it do hit the limiter on 7230 RPm but today i just put my foot down o 1 gear and when i was going like 5600 rpm it hit the limiter i was like ???? then i get to home and on neutral i try it again and he did it again mm i wanna add that there making really hot here today can it be that?? ( also the FUEl pressure is set to 40 psi ) tommorrow ill try it like Ben89 said from 3 gear to the limiter and see what happen .. got any more ideas ?

corofin12345

Member +
i would imagine its fuel related or even could be your map sensor on the brink.. are you getting the eml light up when this happens????

luimivrs

Member +
hey guys thanks a lot the problem its resolve it was the rpm gauge that was set to a 6 cilinder car mm i set it properly now and its showing the rpm just fine thanks a lot all:) sorry for the dumb problem i was scared:p anyways i will go to the dyno to be just more sure y to raise boost to a bar :) thankz