on which gear to test boost

morpheus

Member +
hi guys
this might be silly but...i want to confirm...

on which gear do u test ur turbo spooling?
for example if u want to know on which rpm does ur turbo starts spooling and which rpm is full boost.
also normally i check on on the boost light on the dashboard for boost starting and on boost gauge for full boost..

dac69er

Super Moderator
3rd or 4th gear. depends how much road you have really. 4th gear is easier to get better figures from if you have a long enough road.

use the boost gauge to tell when you start getting boost. as soon as it is over 0 on the gauge you are boosting.

morpheus

Member +
in fact i want to know at which rpm my td04 starts boosting at at which rpm i get 1bar..(a mate told me ,i should check this on 1st gear)
another question...on 1st gear ,on which rpm u start having boost and which rpm full boost,

aidan

Member +
its near impossible to check in first gear as it happens slo fast better off in 4th as said above

morpheus

Member +
ok guys ,problem sorted:)
in fact i was looking on dash for the boost lights,as soon as the 1st light was on ,i thought that its starting spooling..
when the first light on,its already .2 bar i think

now when i look on my gauge on 4th gear ,i start having boost just after 2000 rpm....
i think many of us got this wrong(THINKING THAT WHEN 1ST LIGHT IS ON BOOST IS STARTING)

Skalabala

Member +
ok guys ,problem sorted:)
in fact i was looking on dash for the boost lights,as soon as the 1st light was on ,i thought that its starting spooling..
when the first light on,its already .2 bar i think

now when i look on my gauge on 4th gear ,i start having boost just after 2000 rpm....
i think many of us got this wrong(THINKING THAT WHEN 1ST LIGHT IS ON BOOST IS STARTING)

2000RPM?? that is very good!!

morpheus

Member +
2000RPM?? that is very good!!

found it a bit strange also,,,and i checked it on my hks evcs and my analogue boost gauge.....
same result zero on boostgauge at 2000 rpm and just after 2000 rpm it starts climbimg....
i ve got a sacha evolution equal length mani with external wastegate set up

found it a bit strange also,,,and i checked it on my hks evcs and my analogue boost gauge.....
same result zero on boostgauge at 2000 rpm and just after 2000 rpm it starts climbimg....
i ve got a sacha evolution equal length mani with external wastegate set up

what rpm is it at when its on full boost ?